From: Giacecco
Subject: Free Web Services / SOAP / WSDL libraries: where?
I have been looking arond recently looking around for free Web Services
/ SOAP / WSDL libraries, but only found the Allegro implementations
(that of course are not free). I admit I am not a very experienced lisp
programmer, so I may have been missing some important resource. Can you
please give advice? Thanks!

Giacecco

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: Free Web Services / SOAP / WSDL libraries: where?
Giacecco wrote:
> I have been looking arond recently looking around for free Web Services
> / SOAP / WSDL libraries, but only found the Allegro implementations
> (that of course are not free). I admit I am not a very experienced lisp
> programmer, so I may have been missing some important resource. Can you
> please give advice? Thanks!
>
> Giacecco

http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-soap/
http://common-lisp.net/project/s-xml-rpc/
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-json/ is also good, or even better in
some cases (IMHO).

--
mvh, Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/
From: Giacecco
Thank you Lars, but at first sight none of the three is fit to purpose.

The second and third do not support SOAP at all, so they're out of the
picture. I contacted the author of CL-SOAP, and he confirmed that the
library is the result of some specific work, having some specific
interpreter (LispWorks) dialoging with specific web services (Google
AdWords). While his work is certainly vaulable, I am not yet good at
LISP as necessary to face compatibility problems (I use sbcl) or to
debug issues that may arise from using different web services than
Google's.

I have also found CL-XML in the meantime, that is supposed to include
SOAP support since version 0.915, but there is no documentation of it
on its web site.

In other words, I am starting thinking that the only way to do SOAP is
buying Allegro. Their implementation is anyway incomplete, as they
write in the docs! There's no hope! :-(

Giacecco

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Giacecco wrote:
> Thank you Lars, but at first sight none of the three is fit to purpose.
>
> The second and third do not support SOAP at all, so they're out of the
> picture.

Ok, I guess I assumed you only needed something RPC'ish and since both
S-XML-RPC and CL-JSON works for this kind of stuff (also); that's why I
mentioned them.

Hm, to bad about CL-SOAP; I don't know any other options.

--
mvh, Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/