From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Trying to learn SLDB
Hi,

I'm trying to step through the small SLDB that was posted here some time
ago[1]. I couldn't even try restarting a frame with SBCL, so I switched
to CMUCL, but then restarting a frame after having modified the
problematic data (the *aggressors* list) leads to the following error:

No matching method for the generic function
#<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION SWANK-BACKEND:RESTART-FRAME (0) {58CCAD21}>, when
called with arguments (1).
   [Condition of type PCL::NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR]

Could anyone tell me if you have done something wrong to have that
error?

Doubtfully,
Nowhere man

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/8317e7376a9571c8
--
···········@levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A

From: Juho Snellman
Subject: Re: Trying to learn SLDB
Pierre THIERRY <···········@levallois.eu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to step through the small SLDB that was posted here some time
> ago[1]. I couldn't even try restarting a frame with SBCL,

I don't quite understand what you "couldn't even try restarting". What
stopped you from trying?

Anyway, for that to work on SBCL, you'll need to compile your source
code with debug optimization quality of 2 or higher. Add a (declaim
(optimize (debug 2))) at the start of the file. And a sufficiently new
version of Slime.

> so I switched
> to CMUCL, but then restarting a frame after having modified the
> problematic data (the *aggressors* list) leads to the following error:
>
> No matching method for the generic function
> #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION SWANK-BACKEND:RESTART-FRAME (0) {58CCAD21}>, when
> called with arguments (1).
>    [Condition of type PCL::NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR]

This means that the CMUCL backend of Slime doesn't provide an
implementation for frame restarting.

--
Juho Snellman
From: Pierre THIERRY
Le Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:53:59 +0000, Juho Snellman a écrit :
>> I'm trying to step through the small SLDB that was posted here some
>> time ago[1]. I couldn't even try restarting a frame with SBCL,
> I don't quite understand what you "couldn't even try restarting". What
> stopped you from trying?

That was a poor wording. Hitting 'r' to restart the frame led to the
following error:

Cannot return from frame: #<SB-DI::COMPILED-FRAME CHECK-FOR-AGGRESSORS>

> Add a (declaim (optimize (debug 2)))

Which worked just great. I could play with the debugger, which showed
more meaningful frames, and make the program actually continue with the
data changed!

Thanks a lot!

Happily,
Nowhere man