From: arnuld
Subject: need some problems to work on
hai folks,
i was looking for some *problems* so that i can solve them using my
CLISP compiler. i can read & understand some (or some more) parts of
source-code of CLISP 2.38 & SBCL 0.9.11. i never did any real-life
programming at all but still i did some Common LIsp and now  i am
looking if you can provid eme some decent problems to work onto.

( i did look @ CMU repository but did not get much useful things).

thanks

--arnuld

From: Larry Clapp
Subject: Re: need some problems to work on
On 2006-07-06, arnuld <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> i was looking for some *problems* so that i can solve them using my
> CLISP compiler. i can read & understand some (or some more) parts of
> source-code of CLISP 2.38 & SBCL 0.9.11. i never did any real-life
> programming at all but still i did some Common LIsp and now  i am
> looking if you can provid eme some decent problems to work onto.

http://wiki.alu.org:80/Gardeners_Projects lists several projects that
need workers.  And it lists several projects that list several other
projects that need workers.

The CL Cookbook (http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/index.html) could
use some expansion.  The Pattern Matching page is all but empty.  The
Packages page says "Tim Bradshaw is currently working on a whole
chapter about this topic. If you want to contribute something you
should contact him."  Several pages have lots of good information, but
could probably benefit from additions from a Knowledgable Knewbie(TM)
-- read a page, find something that confuses you, unconfuse yourself,
and add enough to the page so that the next reader will not face
similar hurdles (remembering that some people might've "gotten it" all
along).

The Slim-Vim project could use some help.  We're working on a Vim
interface to SLIME, and a Lisp<->Vim FFI.  See
http://wiki.alu.org:80/Slim-Vim and http://wiki.alu.org:80/Vim_ECL.

If you just want to test your mind, look at
http://www.itasoftware.com/careers/eng/job1.php.  Maybe you'll get a
job out of it!  :)

-- L
From: Tassilo Horn
"arnuld" <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] and now i am looking if you can provid eme some decent problems
> to work onto.

Sure, write a newsreader in Common List which warns you when
double-posting!

SCNR,
Tassilo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.
From: arnuld
Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Sure, write a newsreader in Common List which warns you when
> double-posting!

ha, ha, ha.....:-). i liked it.

that is not my fault. my internet connection fequently breaks, so i do
not have any exact idea whether my question is posted or not. 2nd, i
cant have another connection because i have only one company in my town
that provides *sloppy* internet connections, not to mention with 3rd
class service.

actually i hate double-posted posts, really :-)

thanks

--arnuld
From: Ken Tilton
Tassilo Horn wrote:
> "arnuld" <·······@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>[...] and now i am looking if you can provid eme some decent problems
>>to work onto.
>

> Sure, write a newsreader in Common List which warns you when
> double-posting!

That would have been funny if you posted it twice.

kenny

From: Ken Tilton