From: arnuld
Subject: need some problems to work on
hai folks,
i was looking for some *problems* so that i can solve them using my
CLISP compiler. i can read & understand some (or some more) parts of
source-code of CLISP 2.38 & SBCL 0.9.11. i never did any real-life
programming at all but still i did some Common LIsp and now  i am
looking if you can provid eme some decent problems to work onto.

( i did look @ CMU repository but did not get much useful things).

thanks

--a rnuld

From: micromoog
Subject: Re: need some problems to work on
Project Euler is a fun collection of math problems intended to be
solved with software.  People solve them using many languages; Lisp has
a pretty significant showing.

http://mathschallenge.net/index.php?section=project

From: Eric Hanchrow
I've set myself a problem to be solved in any new language that I
learn: write a program that generates all the anagrams of a given
phrase.  I've found this problem to be simple enough to not be
off-putting, but complex enough to be interesting.
--
Star ratings go back to that simpler time when film critics
stood on far hillsides and signaled to the grateful peasantry
From: Darren New
Eric Hanchrow wrote:

> I've set myself a problem to be solved in any new language that I
> learn: write a program that generates all the anagrams of a given
> phrase.  I've found this problem to be simple enough to not be
> off-putting, but complex enough to be interesting.

That's a good one. Myself, I use Jotto (which is like MasterMind only
with words instead of colors). It has the added advantage of making you
learn I/O, both from the console and to your disk. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Native Americans used every part