From: ·················@gmail.com
Subject: ACL + CLC on Ubuntu
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to get ACL 8.0 personal to work like the way SBCL
and CMUCL do by putting their compiled fasl files under
/var/cache/common-lisp-controller/<user>/<lisp-type>/.  I'm running
Ubuntu and I want to avoid doing a separate CLC install if possible.

Thanks in advance!

AnthonyF

From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: Re: ACL + CLC on Ubuntu
·················@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know how to get ACL 8.0 personal to work like the way SBCL
> and CMUCL do by putting their compiled fasl files under
> /var/cache/common-lisp-controller/<user>/<lisp-type>/.  I'm running
> Ubuntu and I want to avoid doing a separate CLC install if possible.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> AnthonyF

You're in trouble :P

I have the Ubuntu packages made by the guy who wrote CLC (I think):
deb http://people.debian.org/~pvaneynd/cl-breezy-packages ./
(Yes, it says breezy, but it works fine in Dapper)

Then I had to fetch the acl62 package from Debian (I did it by hand)
and install it, but used acl 7.0... It works fine (Don't know about the
8.0 version).

After that you have to correct two bugs:
-------snip from a mail I sent--------------
------ snip --------

;; somewhere around line 87
#+allegro
(defun get-owner-and-mode (directory)
 (when (excl:probe-directory directory)
   ;; check who owns it
   (let* ((stat (excl.osi:stat (namestring directory)))
          (mode (excl.osi:stat-mode stat))
          (uid  (excl.osi:stat-uid stat)))
     (values uid mode my-uid))))

;; (snip)
;; somewhere around line 117
#+allegro
(defmacro with-secure-umask (&body forms)
 (let ((old-umask (gensym)))
   `(let ((,old-umask (excl.osi:umask #o077)))
     (unwind-protect ,@forms
       (excl.osi:umask old-umask)))))

------ snip --------

Which forces old-umask and my-uid to be special (and they don't exist
as so).

The last line of the first snippet should be like this:
     (values uid mode))))

The last line of the second should be:
       (excl.osi:umask ,old-umask)))))

So allegro doesn't break.
-------- end snip from mail -------------------

And do a sudo dpkg-reconfigure common-lisp-controller
and that should be it :P

Sorry about the mess.
From: ·················@gmail.com
Thanks for your help!  I've give it a try.

AF
From: ······@gmail.com
·················@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your help!  I've give it a try.
>
> AF

After that or if you run into a problem let me know...

By the way... I forgot to tell you wich file you need to edit ;)
/usr/share/common-lisp/source/common-lisp-controller/post-sysdef-install.lisp

I already emailed the CLC author, but in the last update I had to
correct the file again.