From: marc spitzer
Subject: Problems with cmucl 19c on solaris 10/spark
Hello,

I am trying to compile portable allegroserve on solaris 10 using the 19c
release of cmucl.  I did see some notes in the 19b release for solaris 10,
but nothing in the 19c release doc.

I am getting the following gc error:

; Compiling Top-Level Form:

; In: LAMBDA (PCL::.PV-CELL. PCL::.NEXT-METHOD-CALL. O STREAM)

;   (MULTIPLE-VALUE-PROG1
;       (PROGN
;         #))
; Note: Deleting unreachable code.
;
; Compiling LAMBDA (.PV-CELL. .NEXT-METHOD-CALL. O STREAM):
; Compiling Top-Level Form:

; Compilation unit finished.
;   1 note

; Compiling LAMBDA (.PV-CELL. .NEXT-METHOD-CALL. OPERATION SLOT-NAMES .REST-ARG.
):
; Compiling Top-Level Form:
; [GC threshold exceeded with 15,459,920 bytes in use.  Commencing GC.]
GC lossage.  No transport function for object 0x40b9a4cf
LDB monitor

here is some more info:
ldb> regs
CSP     =       0x38001E98
FP      =       0x38001E78
BSP     =       0x200003E0
DYNAMIC =       0x40000000
ALLOC   =       0x40EC0D38
TRIGGER =       0x00000000
STATIC  =       0x284DD1F0
RDONLY  =       0x11E687C8

ldb> print 0x40b9a4cf
$1=       0x40b9a4cf: other pointer
$nil=       header: 0x2800000b: NIL
          (invalid header object)

ldb> b
Backtrace:
segv_handler: Real protection violation: a0

Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at #x18FF4.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of #P"/export/home/ms7002/projects/accountm
anagement/src/aserve/portableaserve/libs/asdf.lisp".
  1:            Return NIL from load of "INSTALL".
  2: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                       #<unused-arg>
                       #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x00039720))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer exists:
  target:code/signal.lisp.
0] 0

; Compilation unit aborted.
;   1 fatal error

NOT BOXED: 40ed0000 40f38000 40f28000

; [GC threshold exceeded with 15,476,008 bytes in use.  Commencing GC.]
GC lossage.  No transport function for object 0x40b9a4cf
LDB monitor

any help would be apprecated.

Thanks,

marc

--
······@sdf.lonestar.org

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: Problems with cmucl 19c on solaris 10/spark

    marc> I am trying to compile portable allegroserve on solaris 10 using the 19c
    marc> release of cmucl.  I did see some notes in the 19b release for solaris 10,
    marc> but nothing in the 19c release doc.

[snip]

    marc> GC lossage.  No transport function for object 0x40b9a4cf
    marc> LDB monitor

This is not good, of course, but I'm not aware of any issues with
cmucl on solaris, except if you're running with slime and aren't using
:fd-handler and with tracing.

However, does portable aserve work with cmucl on solaris?  Doesn't it
need cmucl's multiprocessing package?  If so, cmucl on solaris doesn't
have that.

Ray
From: marc spitzer
On 2006-01-31, Raymond Toy <···········@ericsson.com> wrote:
[snip]
> This is not good, of course, but I'm not aware of any issues with
> cmucl on solaris, except if you're running with slime and aren't using
>:fd-handler and with tracing.

no slime involved, just loaded the INSTALL.lisp from porable aserve.

> However, does portable aserve work with cmucl on solaris?  Doesn't it
> need cmucl's multiprocessing package?  If so, cmucl on solaris doesn't
> have that.

It does not need it, it just runs much faster with it.

marc

--
······@sdf.lonestar.org
From: Raymond Toy

    marc> On 2006-01-31, Raymond Toy <···········@ericsson.com> wrote:
> [...]
    marc> [snip]
    >> This is not good, of course, but I'm not aware of any issues with
    >> cmucl on solaris, except if you're running with slime and aren't using
    >> :fd-handler and with tracing.

    marc> no slime involved, just loaded the INSTALL.lisp from porable aserve.

    >> However, does portable aserve work with cmucl on solaris?  Doesn't it
    >> need cmucl's multiprocessing package?  If so, cmucl on solaris doesn't
    >> have that.

    marc> It does not need it, it just runs much faster with it.

Ok, what version are you using?  I tried the release and CVS HEAD, and
hardwired paths for x86f files.  Then it wants to compile the mp
stuff.

How do I get it to compile?

Ray