From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: constructing a lambda
"Stefan Ram" <···@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
··························@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de...
>  I just have cancelled a post to this group, because
>  immediately after posting it, I found the answer myself.
>
>  However, as I often still get answers to cancelled posts:
>  Feel free to ignore my previous post, should you still see it.
>
>  I asked how to build a certain lambda-function, and the
>  solution I now use is:
>
> ( defun bind( source sink )
>  ( list 'lambda '()( funcall sink( funcall source ))))

Nope, that doesn't work.  Try this:

--
Coby Beck

From: Kaz Kylheku
Coby Beck wrote:
> >  I asked how to build a certain lambda-function, and the
> >  solution I now use is:
> >
> > ( defun bind( source sink )
> >  ( list 'lambda '()( funcall sink( funcall source ))))
>
> Nope, that doesn't work.  Try this:
> (defun bind (source sink)
>   (list 'lambda '() (funcall sink (funcall source))))

*rubs eyes*

I can't see any difference other than whitespace.
From: Coby Beck
"Kaz Kylheku" <········@gmail.com> wrote in message
·····························@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Coby Beck wrote:
>> >  I asked how to build a certain lambda-function, and the
>> >  solution I now use is:
>> >
>> > ( defun bind( source sink )
>> >  ( list 'lambda '()( funcall sink( funcall source ))))
>>
>> Nope, that doesn't work.  Try this:
>> (defun bind (source sink)
>>   (list 'lambda '() (funcall sink (funcall source))))
>
> *rubs eyes*
>
> I can't see any difference other than whitespace.

There's a visine for that!

Sorry, it was an ironic comment on his weird spacing....your eyes were fine
to start with, hopefully you didn't rub too hard ;)

--
Coby Beck