From: Cruise Director
Subject: SeaFunc meets Tue. Jan 31st
SeaFunc is Seattle. SeaFunc is functional. Functional language.
Functional PRO-gramming. We shall attempt to adjust your software, as
there is something wrong. You're in a C funk. Get out of your C funk.
Stumble on down to the best Belgian booze around.

The Mothership lands at 8 pm on Tuesday, Jan. 31st at the Stumbling
Monk in Capitol Hill.

To receive timely meeting announcements by e-mail, including where we
will be meeting, subscribe to the mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/SeaFunc

For the uninitiated: "Functional Programming" (FP) treats computation
as the symbolic substitution of functions. Solving problems by making
changes to program state is often avoided. Common Lisp, Scheme,
Standard ML, OCaml, Haskell, and Clean are examples of FP languages.

Anyone interested in the design or use of advanced programming
languages - functional or not - is encouraged to come. We've been
meeting consistently since June 2004. We always have 8-10 people, so
many good networking contacts can be gained. SeaFunc aims to be the
premiere group in the Seattle region for advanced programming language
paradgims. If you think there must be more to life than C++, Java, and
C#, please join us!

Stumbling Monk
1635 E Olive Way
Seattle, WA 98102
(206) 860-0916

Notes: the Monk is in Capitol Hill, at the corner of Olive and Belmont.
The B&O Restaurant is a better known landmark and is kitty-corner to
it. The non-descript storefront says "Typing" on the awning. The Monk
has a fantastic rotating menu of high-octane Belgian beers at
reasonable prices! No food, but you can bring in or order in. We are
evolving a tradition of taking turns bringing our own food; for
instance, brie and crackers.

"Make my func the SeaFunc, I wants to get funked up." - Parliament

From: Paul Rubin
Subject: Re: SeaFunc meets Tue. Jan 31st
From: Rob Warnock
Paul Rubin <·············@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
+---------------
| After one of these announcements a couple months ago there was some
| interest in doing one in the Bay area (California).  Anyone still
| interested?

While Peter Seibel *did* announce it in "comp.lang.lisp" the day
before [Message-ID: <··············@gigamonkeys.com>], the main
communications vehicle for planning/discussion of future events
is the mailing list [2nd URL above has a signup form]. The list
volume is *VERY* low except for a brief flurry just before each
event, so don't worry about signing up...

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Rob Warnock
Paul Rubin <·············@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
+---------------
| After one of these announcements a couple months ago there was some
| interest in doing one in the Bay area (California).  Anyone still
| interested?

While Peter Seibel *did* announce it in "comp.lang.lisp" the day
before [Message-ID: <··············@gigamonkeys.com>], the main
communications vehicle for planning/discussion of future events
is the mailing list [1st URL above has a signup form]. The list
volume is *VERY* low except for a brief flurry just before each
event, and access to the list membership is password-protected,

From: Paul Rubin
····@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) writes:
> While Peter Seibel *did* announce it in "comp.lang.lisp" the day
> before

I don't look at comp.lang.lisp all that often.  Why not announce here
on clf?
From: Peter Seibel
Paul Rubin <·············@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> ····@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) writes:
>> While Peter Seibel *did* announce it in "comp.lang.lisp" the day
>> before
>
> I don't look at comp.lang.lisp all that often.  Why not announce here
> on clf?

I guess because I don't normally think of Common Lisp as a functional
language. ;-) But the best way to keep aprised of the goings on of the
Bay Area Lispniks is to subscribe at:

At that same site there's a list for danish-lispniks and a bunch of
mailing lists related to the CL Gardeners projects. Anyone who's got a
local Lispniks group that needs a mailing list can get in touch with
me and I can create <geographic-region>·········@lispniks.com
addresses for you.

-Peter

--