From: David Trudgett
Subject: Possible SLIME instability with CLX in CMUCL?
I seem to be having a problem with my Lisp subprocess in Emacs going
off into La-La Land (that's a technical term ;-)) on a regular
basis. By that, I mean that the Lisp process consumes as many CPU
cycles as it can get (like a busy loop) and can't be interrupted from
within Emacs, and I have to send it a TERM signal and restart
SLIME. This has been happening many times per session while using CLX.

My environment: Emacs GNU Emacs 21.4.1, SLIME 2005-12-27, CMUCL 19a,
CLX X Library MIT R5.02 (the one that comes with CMUCL)

I suspect it has something to do with the SLIME/Emacs communication
interacting with CLX, but I am not sure. Has anyone had a similar
experience and found the solution?

Or is there a SLIME mailing list I can take this to?

Thanks,

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

Reason never changed a man's opinion which by reason he never acquired.

    -- Mark Twain

From: Michael Price
Subject: Re: Possible SLIME instability with CLX in CMUCL?
On 2006-01-24, David Trudgett <······@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> wrote:
>  Or is there a SLIME mailing list I can take this to?

A google of "slime mailing list" has this has the first hit:

Michael
From: David Trudgett
Michael Price <·······@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2006-01-24, David Trudgett <······@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> wrote:
>>  Or is there a SLIME mailing list I can take this to?
>
> A google of "slime mailing list" has this has the first hit:

Thanks, Michael, I'll ask the guys on slime-devel, but I'm sure they
also lurk here, come to think of it. Of course, the problem may turn
out to be something besides SLIME, hence my question here.

Bye for now,

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

    -- Mohandas Gandhi
From: Pascal Bourguignon
David Trudgett <······@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> writes:

> Michael Price <·······@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2006-01-24, David Trudgett <······@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> wrote:
>>>  Or is there a SLIME mailing list I can take this to?
>>
>> A google of "slime mailing list" has this has the first hit:

> Thanks, Michael, I'll ask the guys on slime-devel, but I'm sure they
> also lurk here, come to think of it. Of course, the problem may turn
> out to be something besides SLIME, hence my question here.

I guess we'd have to move this dicussion to gnu.emacs.*

This universe shipped by weight, not volume.  Some expansion may have
occurred during shipment.
From: Pascal Bourguignon
David Trudgett <······@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> writes:

> I seem to be having a problem with my Lisp subprocess in Emacs going
> off into La-La Land (that's a technical term ;-)) on a regular
> basis. By that, I mean that the Lisp process consumes as many CPU
> cycles as it can get (like a busy loop) and can't be interrupted from
> within Emacs, and I have to send it a TERM signal and restart
> SLIME. This has been happening many times per session while using CLX.
>
> My environment: Emacs GNU Emacs 21.4.1, SLIME 2005-12-27, CMUCL 19a,
> CLX X Library MIT R5.02 (the one that comes with CMUCL)
>
> I suspect it has something to do with the SLIME/Emacs communication
> interacting with CLX, but I am not sure. Has anyone had a similar
> experience and found the solution?
>
> Or is there a SLIME mailing list I can take this to?

This happens to me with emacs + inferior-lisp + clisp
So it must come from emacs.

emacs-version -> "22.0.50.1"