From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Portable AllegroServe and LispBox 0.7
I was trying to get PAS running in LispBox 0.7. (win xp, clisp)

i found the following thread

Re: Installing Portable AllegroServe (clisp 2.33 + win xp)

André Thieme wrote:
> I just downloaded portableaserve-1.2.35 and wanted to install it, using
> the INSTALL.LISP file.
> READ from #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
>    #P"D:\\Programme\\portableaserve\\aserve\\log.cl" @129>: #1=#<PACKAGE
> SOCKET> has no external symbol with name "IPADDR-TO-DOTTED"
>     [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]

i got similar errors from aserve/main.cl.

after digging around, i made the following change (around line 1525):

		  (if* error-obj
		     then (brief-logmess
			   (format nil "While reading http request~:_ from ~a:~:_ ~a"
				   (socket:ipaddr-to-dotted
				    (socket:remote-host sock))
				   error-obj)))

		  (if* error-obj
		     then (brief-logmess
			   (format nil "While reading http request~:_ from ~a:~:_ ~a"
				   (acl-compat.socket:ipaddr-to-dotted
				    (acl-compat.socket:remote-host sock))
				   error-obj)))

being new to lisp, i'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do?

now that i'm past that i'm getting the following:

WEB> (start :port 2001)

*** - SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM-LOCAL: argument
       #<ACL-COMPAT.SOCKET::SERVER-SOCKET @port 2001>
      is not a SOCKET-STREAM
The following restarts are available:
ABORT-REQUEST  :R1      Abort handling SLIME request.
ABORT          :R2      Return to SLIME top-level.
ABORT          :R3      ABORT
Break 1 COM.GIGAMONKEYS.WEB[5]>

i'm following along with chapter 26 in PCL.
any ideas how to get past this....

thanks.
From: André Thieme
Subject: Re: Portable AllegroServe and LispBox 0.7
········@gmail.com schrieb:

> I was trying to get PAS running in LispBox 0.7. (win xp, clisp)
>
> i found the following thread
>
> Re: Installing Portable AllegroServe (clisp 2.33 + win xp)
>
> André Thieme wrote:
> > I just downloaded portableaserve-1.2.35 and wanted to install it, using
> > the INSTALL.LISP file.
> > READ from #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
> >    #P"D:\\Programme\\portableaserve\\aserve\\log.cl" @129>: #1=#<PACKAGE
> > SOCKET> has no external symbol with name "IPADDR-TO-DOTTED"
> >     [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]
>

> i got similar errors from aserve/main.cl.

What version are you using? 1.2.35?
I personally use the cvs one as it compiles without problems on my
Lisps.
That would be 1.2.42
Under windows you would need something like "wincvs" I guess.

> i'm following along with chapter 26 in PCL.
> any ideas how to get past this....

One thing you could try out, just to see if it works: download
Lispworks and follow the steps again and see if that works.
I personally would suggest that you try the cvs version (with LispBox
and Lispworks).
The priority for you is at the moment to make progress with chapter 26.
So if you need to switch between LispBox and Lispworks from time to
time during the learning phase is probably not the worst thing that
could happen.

André