From: OrangeCap
Subject: LISP Rock...big time!!!
I started LISP few days ago, I am not getting enough time to completely
focus on it due to work, so my learning curve will be flat for a while.
I wrote my first LISP program yesterday, felt a jolt when it worked, a
very simple program though. The same program would have taken me more
coding lines in other languages. I was so overtaken by the sheer joy of
imagination that I could do in this language. I literally dreamt about
lisping last night. I read the post on Lisp is Sin, agree that not all
programmers will get lisp, but not every programmer is coding the
mission critical apps or systems. Let others program in tom, dick &
harry languages. I m sticking to Lisp. As Bjarne Stroustrup said not 1
progrmming lang is suitable for all task, but the way I see it, for
most of meatier task Lisp will do. Lisping brought the fun back in
coding for me. Too bad I missed it in college. I would like to see MS
hire coders who are only efficient in C# and oblivion to other
programming lang concepts. Programming is not about making apps only,
its how you approach to the problem and find a robust and expandable
solution. LISP is one of the few very powerfull tools which provides
you a blank canvas to reach a solution grounds up, the way u like it.
Nothing tickles yr brain more than coding in Lisp, if its too much for
someone then go back to java or others.
Lisp community has to play a paramount role to bring Lisp to forefront,
but then the few good coders left on the planet already are aware of
its importance and use it. Quality not quantity, is the manifest here.

Long Live LISP
From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: LISP Rock...big time!!!
OrangeCap wrote: