From: ···········@gmail.com
Subject: making classes and functions available to other programs and libraries.
How do I make classes and functions that I've written available to
other programs and libraries in common lisp?

From: Eric Lavigne
>How do I make classes and functions that I've written available to
>other programs and libraries in common lisp?

If I created some classes and functions and put them
in a file called new.lisp, and if I had a program called
myprog.lisp which needed to use functions and classes
from new.lisp, then I could put the following line at the
top of myprog.lisp:

(load "new.lisp")

For an introduction to Common Lisp, try this book:

http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/

From: ···········@gmail.com
From: Kenny Tilton
···········@gmail.com wrote:
> ah, so I've been going about it the wrong way, thank you.

Were you trying to link them in? Jes curious what the other approach was.

kenny
From: ···········@gmail.com
From: Thomas A. Russ
············@gmail.com" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I make classes and functions that I've written available to
> other programs and libraries in common lisp?

Assuming you mean other Common Lisp programs, you just load in the
compiled (or even source) files.  Then they are available.