From: OrangeCap
Subject: SLIME is MIA
Hi All,

I m a newbie in LISP area, infact I just started to read PCL last night
and installed SBCL 0.9.8 today. The SLIME link on SBCL site is pointing
to Not Found page and lists that URL for project SLIME is not loaded on
the server.

I tried to find SLIME on google for download but to no avail.

Is SLIME sunset? I m running SBCL 0.9.8 on RHEL AS4, any alternatives
for LISP IDE better than SLIME??

Any constructive guidance will be appreciated.

Thanx

From: Tolstoy
Subject: Re: SLIME is MIA
From: Edi Weitz
On 16 Jan 2006 12:03:49 -0800, "OrangeCap" <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> I m a newbie in LISP area, infact I just started to read PCL last
> night and installed SBCL 0.9.8 today. The SLIME link on SBCL site is
> pointing to Not Found page and lists that URL for project SLIME is
> not loaded on the server.

The server where SLIME is located on (common-lisp.net) is currently
being moved to another location.  The DNS entries still point to the
old server, though.

If you're lucky, you'll find SLIME here:

  <http://common-lisp.org/project/slime/>

Otherwise, you'll have to wait a day or two.  You'll probably read a
message in this newsgroup if common-lisp.net is fully operational
again.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: OrangeCap
From: Edi Weitz
On 16 Jan 2006 13:04:03 -0800, "OrangeCap" <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://common-lisp.org/project/slime/ is active but supports SBCL
> implementations  versions 0.8.15 to 0.8.21 only.

I guess you've looked at some "release" version.  Currently, the best
way to use SLIME is to use the CVS version.  That one should also
support the latest and greatest SBCL version.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Edi Weitz
On 16 Jan 2006 13:04:03 -0800, "OrangeCap" <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Feels good to be in an active and very responsive LISP community.

Nah, we're unfriendly and repellent.  I've just read it in another
thread, so it must be true.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.