From: Juanjo
Subject: Re: Compiling ECL (embeddable common lisp) with MinGW
Steve schrieb:
> 	I am trying to compile ECL on Win32 using the MinGW port of GCC, and am
> having some issues with static libraries.  Compilation works perfectly
> fine when I just take the defaults, but this results in a build with only
> a DLL.  Not only is the static version of the library not built, but it
> doesn't even build a static library for linking to the DLL... so it would
> not be possible to embed ECL into a C application.

There is no need for a *.a or *.lib file, as in Mingw you can link a
program against a DLL: Mingw creates automatically an import file for
you! You just have to supply the name of the library as one of the
arguments to GCC. Alternatively, you could create a *.a library using
dlltool.

> 	After poking around on Google a bit, I tried runnig a build where I first
> pass the "--disable-shared" flag to "configure".  In that case, however,
> the build doesn't even succeed at all.

Yes, I have verified this. The problem is twofold: the mingw port of
bash does not like newlines in command line arguments and furthermore
there was a dllimport statement in one of the headers that should only
be there when building the dynamically linked ECL.

I have fixed both bugs in the CVS version, that you can pull from
sourceforge (See http://www.sf.net/projects/ecls)

Regards,

Juanjo