From: Erik Enge
Subject: Common-Lisp.net downtime Saturday Jan 14th.
Common-Lisp.net will be migrated to its new server on Saturday January
14th.  I aim at starting the migration around 6PM EST and hopefully
I'll be done by midnight; if there are any delays I will post about
them where I posted this message.  Please plan accordingly, there will
be no CVS, web, FTP, SSH or other access during this time period - for
testing purposes I may turn these services on and off but please do not
try to use them if you discover you can.  Also please keep in mind that
if the server is not reachable to you after midnight and I haven't
posted about extensions your DNS server might not have gotten the
updated record.  Once complete I will make a post saying everything is
ok.

Let me know if there are any concerns with this plan.  If someone could
make this post find it's way to planet.lisp.org that'd be nice.

Thanks,
Erik.

From: Erik Enge
Subject: Re: Common-Lisp.net downtime Saturday Jan 14th.
Copying that much data takes longer that I expected.  I'll probably
need at least 3 more hours to finish up.  I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Erik.
From: Erik Enge
Ok, the move is still in progress but some functionality has been
restored.  This is what currently works:

  - HTTP (only common-lisp.org not common-lisp.net yet, read on)
  - SSH
  - CVS via SSH
  - SMTP (though read on)
  - Mailinglist archives/info (though read on)

This does not work:

  - FTP (still copying data, it should be trickling in during the next
12 or so hours)
  - CVS anonymous (problem with chroot config)
  - Mailinglists: MX for common-lisp.net not updated
  - common-lisp.net domain name: DNS records not updated
  - SVN/Arch (simply haven't gotten to them yet)

So this basically means that until the DNS records are updated and
until the data for FTP trickles in you can only access the webpages at
http://common-lisp.org and you can access CVS over SSH via
common-lisp.org as well.  Please feel free to start using the services
available while I work on getting the rest up and running.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience,
Erik.
From: Edi Weitz
On 15 Jan 2006 06:11:36 -0800, "Erik Enge" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience,

Thanks for your hard work on this!

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Erik Enge
Update:

  - FTP is now up for all projects.
  - Anonymous CVS now works.
  - Can someone with a subversion repository try and let me know if
that works?
  - I'm also going to need an arch and darcs volunteer to test for me;
send me an email.
  - Home directories (except for a few; you know who you are) are
copied so your
    keys, authorized_keys etc should be working.  You may log in and go
about your
    business as usual while I continue to work on the outstanding
issues.

There's a problem with locking in the CVS-over-SSH repositories so
unless you're a member of a project you're going to have to use anon
cvs for now (actively being worked on).

No word on DNS for common-lisp.net yet so common-lisp.org is the domain
to use.  Please let me know if there's anything else going on that I'm
not aware of.

Thanks,
Erik.
From: Erik Enge
From: Erik Enge
DNS for common-lisp.net is now working again, please report any
problems to ·········@gmail.com.  Thanks.