From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: lisp and brain orgasms
After experiencing my first lisp-related "brain orgasm" - I can only
describe it as a feeling of an intense smile that you feel not in your
face but at the base of your brain and it sends a tingle down your
spine, as you pause to ponder the beauty and profound implications of
what you had just read, and I experienced it, i'm a beginner, while
reading David Touretzky's Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to
Symbolic Computation chapter on recursion.

That was a few days ago, and what a feeling it was. Just before making
this post - which led me to writing it - I thought I'd look up lisp and
brain orgasm on google. I did not surround brain orgasm in double
quotes so it turns out, I should've known better, that talking with a
lisp is a gay cliche and gay bloggers, it seems, are obsessed with
orgasms.

I had never felt such an intellectual pleasure while trying to learn
perl or other unix-related stuff. It all felt like reading a phonebook.

The lisp literature is sublime, it truly is.

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: Re: lisp and brain orgasms
············@gmail.com wrote:
> After experiencing my first lisp-related "brain orgasm" - I can only
> describe it as a feeling of an intense smile that you feel not in your
> face but at the base of your brain and it sends a tingle down your
> spine, as you pause to ponder the beauty and profound implications of
> what you had just read, and I experienced it, i'm a beginner, while
> reading David Touretzky's Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to
> Symbolic Computation chapter on recursion.
>
> I had never felt such an intellectual pleasure while trying to learn
> perl or other unix-related stuff. It all felt like reading a phonebook.
>

> The lisp literature is sublime, it truly is.

You are ruined for life.
From: ···············@yahoo.com
"O 'Melia, my dear, this does everything crown!
Who could have supposed I should meet you in Town?
And whence such fair garments, such prosperi-ty?"
"O didn't you know I'd been ruined?" said she.

"You left us in tatters, without shoes or socks,
Tired of digging potatoes, and spudding up docks;
And now you've gay bracelets and bright feathers three!"
"Yes: that's how we dress when we're ruined," said she.

From: Paolo Amoroso
············@gmail.com writes:

> After experiencing my first lisp-related "brain orgasm" - I can only
> describe it as a feeling of an intense smile that you feel not in your
> face but at the base of your brain and it sends a tingle down your
> spine, as you pause to ponder the beauty and profound implications of
> what you had just read, and I experienced it, i'm a beginner, while
> reading David Touretzky's Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to
> Symbolic Computation chapter on recursion.

What next?  Sexp?  Lisp porn?

  http://lemonodor.com/archives/000028.html

Son, you've taken a bad road.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: Tin Gherdanarra
············@gmail.com wrote:
> After experiencing my first lisp-related "brain orgasm" - I can only
> describe it as a feeling of an intense smile that you feel not in your
> face but at the base of your brain and it sends a tingle down your
> spine, as you pause to ponder the beauty and profound implications of
> what you had just read, and I experienced it, i'm a beginner, while
> reading David Touretzky's Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to
> Symbolic Computation chapter on recursion.
>
> That was a few days ago, and what a feeling it was. Just before making
> this post - which led me to writing it - I thought I'd look up lisp and
> brain orgasm on google. I did not surround brain orgasm in double
> quotes so it turns out, I should've known better, that talking with a
> lisp is a gay cliche and gay bloggers, it seems, are obsessed with
> orgasms.
>
> I had never felt such an intellectual pleasure while trying to learn
> perl or other unix-related stuff. It all felt like reading a phonebook.
>

> The lisp literature is sublime, it truly is.

You are at the right spot. This is a self-help encounter
group for the terminally addicted. "Terminally" is the
operative word here because there is no way back from
lisp. It's all downhill from here. You will blow nights
compulsively recursing through complex data structures.
You will feel extremely nimble and powerful. And immune
to more platonic, but sensually inferior fixes from C++,
Java or perl. Your spoilt mind will be arrested in the final
delusion of a "Lisp Machine" or "Lisp Operating System"
to end all other operating systems, alienating friends
and colleagues in the process. There is no known cure
for all this, so you will be back at c.l.l soon, I guess.