From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Some kind of stuck

Try: ·················@lists.sourceforge.net

> There the base/lisp$(lexe) target has a number of cc
> flags in the command line that I cannot find in the GNU documentation
> on either gcc nor ld.  These flags are:
> -lcrypt ; -lm ; -ldl ; -lsigsegv -lc
> Any place these flags are documented ?

Either you don't have the right manual page installed, or you haven't
looked at them hard enough:

man gcc|grep -e ' -l'

Reformatting gcc(1), please wait...
            object-file-name  -llibrary -nostartfiles  -node�
           Note: Previous versions of cpp accepted a -lang option
           because it conflicts with the -l option.
       -llibrary
       -l library
           ified.  Thus, foo.o -lz bar.o searches library z after
           an -l option and specifying a file name is that -l
       -lobjc
           You need this special case of the -l option in order
           usually specify -lgcc as well.  This ensures that you
           searched for -l.
           -lmingwthrd which cleans up per thread exception han�
           libraries specified with -l.

           ordinary libraries for the -l option (but directories

man ld|grep -e ' -l'

Reformatting ld(1), please wait...
               ld -o <output> /lib/crt0.o hello.o -lc
       dard  search  directories.   (See the discussion of the -l
       refer to files, such as -l or -T, cause  the  file  to  be
       files using -l, -R, and the script command  language.   If
       -larchive
           default directories.  All -L options apply to  all  -l
           may be either explicit file names, or -l options.
           affects library searching for -l options which  follow
           affects  library searching for -l options which follow

> Concerning the -lsigsegv flag I have learned from the archives that it
> is related to ncurses.

Not exactly.  sigsegv is a library to handle SEGmentation Violation SIGnals.

> According to my rpm, ncurses is installed.  However when I run make, it
> complains that it cannot find -lsigsegv.  Again from the archives I
> learn that I have to include the ncurses lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> But I dont know how to do that.

sigsegv is optional but highly recommanded  (it allows to better
handle stack overflows).

Go to ··········@lists.sourceforge.net for detailed clisp support.

WARNING: This product warps space and time in its vicinity.