From: ·········@lxny.org
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 10 January 2006 Lisp NYC: Joe Corneli on the AI tool Arxana and the Hyperreal Dictionary of Mathematics
  what="official Lisp NYC announcement">

 From: Heow Eide-Goodman <·····@alphageeksinc.com>
 To: ·····@lispnyc.org" <····@lispnyc.org>
 Subject: [Lisp] Lisp Meeting, January 10th 7:00 at Trinity

 Please join us for our next meeting on Tuesday, January 10th from 7:00
 to 9:00 at Trinity Lutheran Church

     The Hyperreal Dictionary of Mathematics, Part II

     The goal of the Hyperreal Dictionary of Mathematics project
     is to do to math what the GNU project did to UNIX by creating
     a free and comprehensive database of mathematics along with a
     suite of tools.

     Joe Corneli, the "other half" of the HDM project, will
     demonstrate HDM's new hypertext and AI authoring tool
     Arxana, also known as "the scholium system".

     Arxana is no ordinary hypertext tool, it draws heavily on
     the ideas from Ted Nelson's Project Xanadu combining them
     with an AI semantic network strategy and is implemented as a
     a GNU emacs package.

 Joe Corneli received his undergraduate degree from New College of
 Florida in 2002, after which he enrolled in the mathematics Ph. D.
 program at the University of Texas (Austin) where he became increasingly
 involved in the alternative mathematics community that has grown up
 around the PlanetMath.org website.

 His publication credits include the co-authorship of two papers in
 differential geometry and an editing credit for the Free Encyclopedia of
 Mathematics.

 For the last three years Joe has been working full-time on the HDM
 project.

 Resources:
 http://planetmath.org/
 http://planetx.cc.vt.edu/AsteroidMeta/The_Hyperreal_Dictionary_of_Mathematics

 Directions to Trinity:

   Trinity Lutheran
   602 E. 9th St. & Ave B., on Thomkins Square Park
   http://trinitylowereastside.org/

   From N,R,Q,W (8th Street NYU Stop) and the 4,5 (Astor Street Stop):
     Walk East 4 blocks on St. Marks, cross Thomkins Square Park.

   From F&V (2nd Ave Stop):
     Walk E one or two blocks, turn north for 8 short blocks

   From L (1st Ave Stop):
     Walk E one block, turn sounth for 5 short blocks

   The M9 bus line drops you off at the doorstep and the M15 is near get
   off on St. Marks & 1st)

   To get there by car, take the FDR (East River Drive) to Houston then
   go NW till you're at 9th & B.  Week-night parking isn't bad at all,
   but if you're paranoid about your Caddy or in a hurry, there is a
   parking garage on 9th between 1st and 3rd Ave.

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <·········@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org
From: C Y
Unfortunately I'm not in NY, so I won't be able to attend personally,
but I'd be curious what the Hyperreal folks' opinion is of Axiom and
Maxima, and how those tools might relate to their effort.  Any CAS guys
going to attend?

Cheers,
CY