From: Carlos
Subject: Newbie Question: Part 2. uninstallilling with asdf-install
Hi,
   I managed to get asdf-install working in installing an app. Now I am
having difficulty getting it to work to uninstall an app.
I am using clisp 2.36 on cygwin win32.

For example I installed araneida.

(My .clisprc file is at the end of the error. It loads without any
errors/warnings)

Now I try (asdf-install:uninstall :araneida) and get the error below.
Break 1 [3]> (asdf-install:uninstall :araneida)

*** - FUNCALL: undefined function ASDF-INSTALL:SYSDEF-SOURCE-DIR-SEARCH
The following restarts are available:
USE-VALUE      :R1
You may input a value to be used instead of (FDEFINITION
 'ASDF-INSTALL:SYSDEF-SOURCE-DIR-SEARCH).
RETRY          :R2      Retry
STORE-VALUE    :R3
You may input a new value for (FDEFINITION
 'ASDF-INSTALL:SYSDEF-SOURCE-DIR-SEARCH).
ABORT          :R4      ABORT
ABORT          :R5      ABORT

--------------------clisprc.lisp-----------------------
(load "/cygdrive/C/DOCUME~1/Karl/asdf")
(require :asdf)
(pushnew "/cygdrive/C/work/programming/lisp/asdf-install/"
asdf:*central-registry* :test #'equal)
#-:asdf-install (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :asdf-install)
(pushnew 'asdf-install:sysdef-source-dir-search
         asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*)

From: Edi Weitz
On 5 Jan 2006 22:37:29 -0800, "Carlos" <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> (pushnew 'asdf-install:sysdef-source-dir-search
>          asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*)

This is perhaps not 100% clear from the tutorial but the form above
should not be in your init file because you're using the Cygwin
version.  Somewhere at the beginning it says: "The good news is that
if you use Cygwin you can pretty much pretend you're on Unix and SKIP
all the Windows notes below."

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Carlos
Hi Edi,
    After removing the line (pushnew
'asdf-install:sysdef-source-dir-search
asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*) I get the error below

    *** - component "araneida" not found
The following restarts are available:
ABORT          :R1      ABORT

----------------
araneida is in the directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\araneida-version-0.90.1.
Is this something to do with the asdf registry?
Thank
Karl.

From: Edi Weitz
On 8 Jan 2006 16:53:06 -0800, "Carlos" <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

>     After removing the line (pushnew
> 'asdf-install:sysdef-source-dir-search
> asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*) I get the error below
>
>     *** - component "araneida" not found
> The following restarts are available:
> ABORT          :R1      ABORT
>
> ----------------
> araneida is in the directory C:\Documents and
> Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\araneida-version-0.90.1.
> Is this something to do with the asdf registry?

Yes.  If ASDF says that the component can't be found then it's due to
this.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Carlos
On a related note, I noticed my .asdf-install-dir/systems has no .asd
files.