From: Carlos
Subject: Lisp newbie:ASDF-INSTALL GPG woes
I am using clisp 2.34 on windows XP. I have posted this question
before, scanned google tried all means possible to figure this out.
Anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

1. I cannot get asdf-install to find GPG. GPG is in my windows PATH
environment variable and I have cygwin installed.
2. If I ignore GPG I get the error below. Even though  C:\Documents and
Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site exists.

Any relevant pointers would be appreciated.
Karl.

[1]> (asdf-install:install 'tbnl)
Install where?
0) System-wide install:
   System in \usr\local\asdf-install\site-systems\
   Files in \usr\local\asdf-install\site\
1) Personal installation:
   System in C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\systems\
   Files in C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\
2) Abort installation.
 --> 1
;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Downloading 93314 bytes from
http://weitz.de/files/tbnl.tar.gz
 to C:\DOCUME~1\Karl\TBNL.asdf-install-tmp ...

*** - Call to GPG failed. Perhaps GPG is notinstalled or not in the
path.
The following restarts are available:
SKIP-GPG-CHECK :R1      Don't ckeck GPG signature for this package
ABORT          :R2      ABORT
Break 1 [2]> :r1
;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing C:\DOCUME~1\Karl\TBNL.asdf-install-tmp in
C:\Docume
nts and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\, C:\Documents and
Settings\Karl\.a
sdf-install-dir\systems\

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Lisp newbie:ASDF-INSTALL GPG woes
"Carlos" <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. I cannot get asdf-install to find GPG. GPG is in my windows PATH
> environment variable and I have cygwin installed.
> 2. If I ignore GPG I get the error below. Even though  C:\Documents and
> Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site exists.

Doy you mean that you have set ASDF-INSTALL:*VERIFY-GPG-SIGNATURES* to
NIL?

  http://weitz.de/asdf-install/#*verify-gpg-signatures*

> [1]> (asdf-install:install 'tbnl)
> Install where?
> 0) System-wide install:
>    System in \usr\local\asdf-install\site-systems\
>    Files in \usr\local\asdf-install\site\
> 1) Personal installation:
>    System in C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\systems\
>    Files in C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\
> 2) Abort installation.
>  --> 1
> ;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Downloading 93314 bytes from
> http://weitz.de/files/tbnl.tar.gz
>  to C:\DOCUME~1\Karl\TBNL.asdf-install-tmp ...
>

> *** - Call to GPG failed. Perhaps GPG is notinstalled or not in the
> path.
> The following restarts are available:
> SKIP-GPG-CHECK :R1      Don't ckeck GPG signature for this package
> ABORT          :R2      ABORT
> Break 1 [2]> :r1
> ;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing C:\DOCUME~1\Karl\TBNL.asdf-install-tmp in
> C:\Docume
> nts and Settings\Karl\.asdf-install-dir\site\, C:\Documents and
> Settings\Karl\.a
> sdf-install-dir\systems\
> The system cannot find the path specified.

Maybe the file name "DOCUME~1" is not fully expanded?

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools:
From: Edi Weitz
On 3 Jan 2006 19:47:08 -0800, "Carlos" <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using clisp 2.34 on windows XP. I have posted this question
> before, scanned google tried all means possible to figure this out.
> Anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Which version of ASDF-INSTALL are you using?  If it's the one
downloaded from <http://weitz.de/asdf-install/> then have you read the
remarks about CLISP there?

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: justinhj
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2006 19:47:08 -0800, "Carlos" <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using clisp 2.34 on windows XP. I have posted this question
> > before, scanned google tried all means possible to figure this out.
> > Anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.
>
> Which version of ASDF-INSTALL are you using?  If it's the one
> downloaded from <http://weitz.de/asdf-install/> then have you read the
> remarks about CLISP there?
>
> Cheers,
> Edi.
>
> --
>
> Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.
>
> Real email: (replace (subseq ·········@agharta.de" 5) "edi")

And are you using clisp as a windows app or under cygwin?

Justin
From: Edi Weitz
On 4 Jan 2006 09:08:04 -0800, "justinhj" <········@gmail.com> wrote:

> And are you using clisp as a windows app or under cygwin?

I don't use CLISP.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: justinhj
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2006 09:08:04 -0800, "justinhj" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And are you using clisp as a windows app or under cygwin?
>
> I don't use CLISP.
>
> --
>
> Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.
>
> Real email: (replace (subseq ·········@agharta.de" 5) "edi")

Sorry I was addressing the original poster

Justin
From: Carlos
I finally managed to get asdf-install to download one application
(cl-ppcre). It seems to work if I run the cygwin version and not the
windows application, (even though I had cygwin installed a priori). Now
I can finally install some apps and play.
Thanks everyone specially Edi whose emails/articles pointed me on the
right track.
Karl.