From: Jimka
Subject: compiling clisp
When i'm trying to install clisp i have problems with the c compiler.
where is the best place to get help with that?  Do i first need to read

a book on c and learn how to use one of its compilers?  or do i need to
start
reading and posting questions to comp.lang.c?  Or perhaps is there some

lisp user who knows enough about it who might want to explain some
things
about it to me?

thanks anyone who might offer some help....
-jim
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: compiling clisp
"Jimka" <·····@rdrop.com> writes:

> When i'm trying to install clisp i have problems with the c compiler.
> where is the best place to get help with that?

Probably the mail list of clisp.
http://clisp.sourceforge.net/
(See at the bottom of the page, clisp-list)

> Do i first need to read a book on c and learn how to use one of its
> compilers?  or do i need to start reading and posting questions to
> comp.lang.c?

That cannot be a bad idea to know some C.

> Or perhaps is there some lisp user who knows enough about it who
> might want to explain some things about it to me?
>
> thanks anyone who might offer some help....

Your problem is probably trivial, clisp is compilable on a wide range
of system and I never had any problem compiling it.  Check on
··········@lists.sourceforge.net.

WARNING: This product warps space and time in its vicinity.