From: fireblade
Subject: LWW recursive stack overflows - Lisp Cookbook Using Win32 API code
Hi
In order to use strength of REPL  I hooked  TV3D engine
http://www.truevision3d.com/
using Paul Tarvydas's  code
http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/win32.html#appendixd.
Applications starts end runs fine for a 2 minutes but then LW turns
stack overflow .
Anybody has some idea what goes wrong.
I tried different settings of the driver run.lisp and wintest.c code
but nothing helps.

thanks
bobi

From: Edi Weitz
On 3 Jan 2006 05:22:05 -0800, "fireblade" <········@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> In order to use strength of REPL  I hooked  TV3D engine
> http://www.truevision3d.com/
> using Paul Tarvydas's  code
> http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/win32.html#appendixd.
> Applications starts end runs fine for a 2 minutes but then LW turns
> stack overflow .
> Anybody has some idea what goes wrong.
> I tried different settings of the driver run.lisp and wintest.c code
> but nothing helps.

No idea yet but I'd suggest that you ask on the LispWorks mailing list
and that you post your code so people can look at it.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: fireblade
From: fireblade
Subject: Yeeeees ! TV3D game engine running under  LW smoothly
Ok I was this close to admit that I can't use Lisp for game
development,
but than I decided to give one more try . And finally I did it.
TV3D engine is running under REPL and it's running smoothly .
Now I'm in the process of writing Interfaces / wrapper up functions to
TV3D engine  www.truevision3d.com .
I think it was Graham that said that writing code  in Lisp is like
talking face to face and
and doing the same with C/C++ like conversation over an telephone with
Looooong delays
and now I know what exactly that means.

bobi