From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
Subject: CELLS-GTK on OS X with CAIRO anyone?
Hi all:

This should prompt the Cells-GTK subcommunity on c.l.l. ... ;-)

OK - I have now been trying to build CAIRO on OS X with no luck so
far. I found that building CAIRO requires a lot of manual work and
adaptions on OS X...

I am running 10.4.3 Tiger ...

So, if anyone is out there in deep space or even flat earth who
somehow managed to get Cells-GTK to run on OS X I sure would
appreciate to benefit from a hint or two...

TIA!

With best wishes for the New Year

   Frank

--
   Frank Goenninger
   fgoenninger (at) prion (dot) de

From: Peter Denno
Subject: Re: CELLS-GTK on OS X with CAIRO anyone?
Frank Goenninger DG1SBG wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> This should prompt the Cells-GTK subcommunity on c.l.l. ... ;-)
>
> OK - I have now been trying to build CAIRO on OS X with no luck so
> far. I found that building CAIRO requires a lot of manual work and
> adaptions on OS X...
>
> I am running 10.4.3 Tiger ...
>
> So, if anyone is out there in deep space or even flat earth who
> somehow managed to get Cells-GTK to run on OS X I sure would
> appreciate to benefit from a hint or two...

Hi,

What is it not doing wrong?

Why don't you ask on the cells-gtk list?

BTW, for anyone listening, I received a version of cells-gtk from Novikov
Leonid two days ago that runs under CFFI and CLISP. I got it running under
Lispworks and should have CMU and maybe SBCL running within a week. I'll
update the repository and build a tarball when its done.

--
Best regards,
  - Peter
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
Peter Denno <······@starpower.net> writes:

> Frank Goenninger DG1SBG wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> This should prompt the Cells-GTK subcommunity on c.l.l. ... ;-)
>>
>> OK - I have now been trying to build CAIRO on OS X with no luck so
>> far. I found that building CAIRO requires a lot of manual work and
>> adaptions on OS X...
>>
>> I am running 10.4.3 Tiger ...
>>
>> So, if anyone is out there in deep space or even flat earth who
>> somehow managed to get Cells-GTK to run on OS X I sure would
>> appreciate to benefit from a hint or two...
>
> Hi,
>
> What is it not doing wrong?

Well, it is doing something wrong. CAITO doesn't compile.

> Why don't you ask on the cells-gtk list?

Hmmm. Yes, you are partly right. I should have been posting this
message there, too. I somehow got the impression that I first ask here
on c.l.l. because it is not really a cells-gtk problem.

> BTW, for anyone listening, I received a version of cells-gtk from Novikov
> Leonid two days ago that runs under CFFI and CLISP. I got it running under
> Lispworks and should have CMU and maybe SBCL running within a week. I'll
> update the repository and build a tarball when its done.

Thanks.

>> TIA!
>>
>> With best wishes for the New Year
>>
>>    Frank
>>
>> --
>>    Frank Goenninger
>>    fgoenninger (at) prion (dot) de
>
> --
> Best regards,
>   - Peter

Cheers,
  Frank
From: Andras Simon
Frank Goenninger DG1SBG <················@no-spam.de> writes:

> Hi all:
>
> This should prompt the Cells-GTK subcommunity on c.l.l. ... ;-)
>
> OK - I have now been trying to build CAIRO on OS X with no luck so
> far. I found that building CAIRO requires a lot of manual work and
> adaptions on OS X...
>
> I am running 10.4.3 Tiger ...
>
> So, if anyone is out there in deep space or even flat earth who
> somehow managed to get Cells-GTK to run on OS X I sure would
> appreciate to benefit from a hint or two...

You don't need Cairo to run Cells-GTK. Just comment out the line

  (pushnew :libcellsgtk *features*)

in gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.asd in the latest incarnation of Cells-GTK.

Andras
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
Andras Simon <······@math.bme.hu> writes:

> Frank Goenninger DG1SBG <················@no-spam.de> writes:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> This should prompt the Cells-GTK subcommunity on c.l.l. ... ;-)
>>
>> OK - I have now been trying to build CAIRO on OS X with no luck so
>> far. I found that building CAIRO requires a lot of manual work and
>> adaptions on OS X...
>>
>> I am running 10.4.3 Tiger ...
>>
>> So, if anyone is out there in deep space or even flat earth who
>> somehow managed to get Cells-GTK to run on OS X I sure would
>> appreciate to benefit from a hint or two...
>
> You don't need Cairo to run Cells-GTK. Just comment out the line
>
>   (pushnew :libcellsgtk *features*)
>
> in gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.asd in the latest incarnation of Cells-GTK.
>
> Andras

Thanks, Andras. Now I see a bit of light ...

I first wanted to avoid looking into the details so I followed the
instructions at

http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Gtk_Mac_OS_X/Build_Instructionshttp://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Gtk_Mac_OS_X/Build_Instructions

but that was a no-thinking apporach. Yeah, I should have known
better...

Thanks again.

 Frank

--