From: kims
Subject: threading
i have a query with me
        actually iam working with interleaf lisp. where i found the
need of multithreading concept
and when i asked for it.. there were mixed reactions?
       however can anybody answer me about how to implement threading
concept in lisp if that concept is present in lisp..
       otherwise how to overcome it
regards
-kims

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: threading
"kims" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> i have a query with me
>         actually iam working with interleaf lisp. where i found the
> need of multithreading concept
> and when i asked for it.. there were mixed reactions?
>        however can anybody answer me about how to implement threading
> concept in lisp if that concept is present in lisp..
>        otherwise how to overcome it

You can overcome it writing a multi-threaded virtual machine, and a
compiler for your multi-threaded lisp source to this multi-threaded
virtual machine.

        Un chat errant
se soulage
        dans le jardin d'hiver
                                        Shiki
From: Matthew D Swank
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:51:11 +0100, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> You can overcome it writing a multi-threaded virtual machine, and a
> compiler for your multi-threaded lisp source to this multi-threaded
> virtual machine.

Or perhaps asking the nice people at CLISP to add threads to their virtual
machine...

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you can
 explain it to your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.
From: rydis (Martin Rydstr|m) @CD.Chalmers.SE
Matthew D Swank <·······································@c.net> writes:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:51:11 +0100, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> > You can overcome it writing a multi-threaded virtual machine, and a
> > compiler for your multi-threaded lisp source to this multi-threaded
> > virtual machine.
>
> Or perhaps asking the nice people at CLISP to add threads to their virtual
> machine...

Would that really help much for InterLeaf? If nothing's changed
recently, that's a fairly old DTP system (I guess; FrameMaker
competition, anyway), that's been around longer than CLISP.

I guess it's possible they've gone to CLISP, but unlikely.

',mr

--
[Emacs] is written in Lisp, which is the only computer language that is
beautiful.  -- Neal Stephenson, _In the Beginning was the Command Line_