From: yasar
Subject: lisp compiler
Can any one help me out in Findind most powerfull lisp compiler which
support all the funcitonality of lisp language
Yasar
India

From: Eric Lavigne
Subject: Re: lisp compiler
>Can any one help me out in Findind most powerfull lisp compiler which
>support all the funcitonality of lisp language
>Yasar
>India

It depends what you need. What sort of project are you working on? Do
you care about speed? What operating system are you using? Have you
ever used Lisp before? Each compiler has advantages, so no one can just
tell you the best.

If you are just getting started and want something to help you learn,
try Lispbox. You can always switch compilers later to suit a particular
project.
http://gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/
From: yasar
well i am developing a constarint based scheduling project.
i want to develop the project fully in lisp .but the compiler i am
using didn`t support database connectivity ,fastcgi ,all the recently
added features in lisp.
i didn`t need a fast compiler
i wanted a compile which support all the functionality of lisp.
i am using freebsd and sometimes windows.
well suggest me a compiler which support the database connectivity and
cgi
thanks
From: Harold
You can use LispWorks ( http://www.lispworks.com/ ) if you're willing
to pay for your database connectivity.

CLSQL is a free project that provides database connectivity and runs on
several OSes and Lisp implementations (
http://clsql.b9.com/platforms.html ).
From: Kenny Tilton
yasar wrote:
> well i am developing a constarint based scheduling project.

Are you using Scremaer or Screamer+? Just curious.

> i want to develop the project fully in lisp .but the compiler i am
> using didn`t support database connectivity ,fastcgi ,all the recently
> added features in lisp.
> i didn`t need a fast compiler
> i wanted a compile which support all the functionality of lisp.
> i am using freebsd and sometimes windows.
> well suggest me a compiler which support the database connectivity and
> cgi

CLisp, AllegroCL, and Lispworks will work on both FreeBSD and Windows.

kenny