From: Rachel John
Subject: Lisp in lispworks
I am using Lisporks to edit, compile and run my program. I need my main
file to read input from another file and output the results to other
file.  what should be the path of input file and output file. just the
name is enough( if they are i the same directory as main file) or i
have to write complete path. what is .fsl file what is its use. My
program compiles and evaluates in lispworks but it is not creating any
output file. What can possibly go wrong. Any input will be really
appreciated

From: ·······@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Lisp in lispworks
Rachel John wrote:
> I need my main file to read input from another file and output the results to other file.

I don't know much about Lispworks; far far less than Rainer Joswig, for
example.
But I think these two links should help.

http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/mac_with-open-file.html
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/syscla_pathname.html
From: ········@gmail.com
http://gigamonkeys.com/book/files-and-file-io.html