From: André Thieme
Subject: Tutorial: Ajax and AllegroServe
There is a nice tutorial that demonstrates how easy it is to use
AllegroServe's Webactions in combination with Ajax:
http://www.franz.com/support/tech_corner/ajax.lhtml

André

From: Thibault Langlois
Subject: Re: Tutorial: Ajax and AllegroServe
André Thieme wrote:
> There is a nice tutorial that demonstrates how easy it is to use
> AllegroServe's Webactions in combination with Ajax:
> http://www.franz.com/support/tech_corner/ajax.lhtml

I read the tutorial and as far as I understand I have to use aserve to
this sort of ajax request. I read also the cl-ajax example that seems
to do the same and assume the server is araneida (am I correct ?). My
problem is that I do not own the server (apache on Linux). The only
thing I am allowed to run is cgi scripts (that I write in cl). In this
context, can I still do these ajax magical things ?

Thibault Langlois
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Yes - but I'd consider switching to another server. :)

--
http://lars.nostdal.org/
From: verec
Well, AJAX is just a catchy name to basically perform an XmlHttpRequest
on the client side. What the server side is, is anyone's guess. What
I mean is that the example above would run just as well without
any change at all to the JavaScript side, if the server side was
written in Ruby, Python, Java you-name-it.

I am implementing this kind of stuff with Sven Van Caekenberghe's
s-http-server which is a portable CL library. You can check it out
at http://homepage.mac.com/svc/open-source-common-lisp.html
--
JFB