From: Kamen TOMOV
Subject: Lisp version control system
Hi,

A friend of mine and I were wondering if there are any Lisp projects
that aim to provide an integrated version control system with features
like these:

- provide repository (as opposed to file) store of application source
  code;
- integrate with SLIME;
- allow integration with an issue-tracking system.

Thanks!

--
Kamen TOMOV

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Lisp version control system
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:05:16 +0200, Kamen TOMOV <·····@evrocom.net> wrote:

> A friend of mine and I were wondering if there are any Lisp projects
> that aim to provide an integrated version control system with
> features like these:
>
> - provide repository (as opposed to file) store of application source
>   code;
> - integrate with SLIME;
> - allow integration with an issue-tracking system.

I haven't seen it yet but maybe "PCMan" is a candidate:

  <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

Cheers,
Edi.

--

European Common Lisp Meeting 2006: <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

From: Kamen TOMOV
On Fri, Feb 10 2006, Edi Weitz wrote:

> I haven't seen it yet but maybe "PCMan" is a candidate:
>
>   <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

Thanks! Sounds promissing but I hoped for more details like license,
for example. It is more than 2 months till the meeting and it would be
nice if we know if we can count on it.

Regards,

--
Kamen
From: Edi Weitz
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:22:47 +0200, Kamen TOMOV <·····@evrocom.net> wrote:

> Thanks! Sounds promissing but I hoped for more details like license,
> for example. It is more than 2 months till the meeting and it would
> be nice if we know if we can count on it.

The authors read this newsgroup so I guess they'll answer.  You could
also try to dig out their email addresses from previous postings and
ask them directly.

--

European Common Lisp Meeting 2006: <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

From: Peter Herth
Edi Weitz wrote:

> The authors read this newsgroup so I guess they'll answer.  You could
> also try to dig out their email addresses from previous postings and
> ask them directly.

You guess right :) Without going into details, I can say that
PCMan is a commercial produkt.

Peter

--
Ltk, the easy lisp gui http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/
From: Kamen TOMOV
On Sat, Feb 11 2006, Peter Herth wrote:

> You guess right :) Without going into details, I can say that PCMan
> is a commercial produkt.

Sorry to hear that. Anyway, good luck with your business.

Sooner or later there will be such project with a free license. If
anybody is interested let she help me to define it better. I sent an
initial feature set in one of my previous letters.

Regards,
--
Kamen TOMOV
From: Edi Weitz
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:05:16 +0200, Kamen TOMOV <·····@evrocom.net> wrote:

> A friend of mine and I were wondering if there are any Lisp projects
> that aim to provide an integrated version control system with
> features like these:
>
> - provide repository (as opposed to file) store of application source
>   code;
> - integrate with SLIME;
> - allow integration with an issue-tracking system.

Again, probably not what you're looking for but maybe a starting
point:

  <http://users.footprints.net/~kaz/mcvs.html>

--

European Common Lisp Meeting 2006: <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

From: vedm
Kamen TOMOV <·····@evrocom.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine and I were wondering if there are any Lisp projects
> that aim to provide an integrated version control system with features

There is something called ChangeSafe, you can ask the author (Joe
Marshall) for details:

http://home.comcast.net/~prunesquallor/changesafe.html

--
vedm