From: Bill Atkins
Subject: Charting/graphing library
Are there Lisp packages available for rendering line graphs, bar
charts, pie graphs, etc. from a list of data points?  I checked around
on CLiki and Google, but didn't come up with anything.  GDChart seems
like it would do the job, but I didn't find any Lisp bindings for it.

Thanks,
Bill

From: Eric Lavigne
Subject: Re: Charting/graphing library
>Are there Lisp packages available for rendering line graphs, bar
>charts, pie graphs, etc. from a list of data points?

As far as Lisp libraries, all I see is this
http://www.cl-user.net/asp/libs/CL-GD
which probably doesn't match your needs very well.

I would probably use gnuplot. It is a standalone program that is easily
scriptable. From inside a Lisp program, you can generate gnuplot script
files and run gnuplot. Running gnuplot isn't something you can do with
the ANSI CL standard, but I expect that every implementation supports
it.
www.gnuplot.info

Even simpler, you could run your Lisp code and gnuplot in a pipeline,
so that your Lisp code need only send gnuplot commands to stdout. Of
course, this only works if you don't need stdout for something else...
From: ···············@yahoo.com
Not exactly what you want, but...I sometimes have Lisp display bar
charts written in Java.  I use Allegro CL's JLinker, but there are many
other Lisp-Java function interfaces out there.  My code is at
http://www.geocities.com/mmcconnell17704/math.html.

Which Lisp implementation are you using?
From: C Y
The only ones I know of that might come close to what you want are the
2-D plotting abilities written for the Garnet toolkit a while back (now
in the cvs tree on sourceforge) and Scigraph which is part of McCLIM.
I think Scigraph is going to be more extensive in terms of features.
Here's a screenshot:

http://lemonodor.com/archives/000189.html

Maybe this, but I don't know if it even works any more?
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/gui/graphers/0.html

From: Gary King
On 2006-02-09 03:16:37 -0500, "Bill Atkins" <·········@gmail.com> said:

> Are there Lisp packages available for rendering line graphs, bar
> charts, pie graphs, etc. from a list of data points?  I checked around
> on CLiki and Google, but didn't come up with anything.  GDChart seems
> like it would do the job, but I didn't find any Lisp bindings for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

CL-PDF has some charting utilities built in. You might also look at
http://www.cliki.net/Common%20Lisp%20and%20gnuplot

--�
Gary Warren King
metabang.com