From: Timofei Shatrov
Subject: LIFP website + 0.1 released
So, Lisp Interactive Fiction Project finally has its own website:
http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/

This has coincided with the new release, which this time has a version
number: 0.1. You can download it in user-friendly Windows package, or as
a bare source for Lisp hackers. The changes from sneak peek version are
minimal, but at least Cloak of Darkness now works as intended.

--
|(except for ending slavery,  ||mail: grue at mail.ru ================ |
|   fascism and communism)    ||============= http://grue3.tripod.com  |

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: LIFP website + 0.1 released
From: 6digit
Great news! I'm a Lisp/Scheme devotee, and have been looking around
through legacy code (GINAS, AdvSys, MIT coursework, etc.) for some way
of implementing a Lisp and/or Scheme IF Engine.
I have (secretly) been following this project for a while. Just a
slight problem, though - I seem to be unable to compile it on Mac
OSX...

Do I need to compile the whole lib directory, or just cloak.lisp? Or
load up the libs (uncompiled) first, then compile cloak.lisp?

Hmm, anyway, give me some time, I've only been fooling around with it
for about 15 minutes.

Best,

Kamen
From: Timofei Shatrov
On 8 Feb 2006 04:08:39 -0800, "6digit" <··········@gmail.com> tried to
confuse everyone with this message:

>Great news! I'm a Lisp/Scheme devotee, and have been looking around
>through legacy code (GINAS, AdvSys, MIT coursework, etc.) for some way
>of implementing a Lisp and/or Scheme IF Engine.
>I have (secretly) been following this project for a while. Just a
>slight problem, though - I seem to be unable to compile it on Mac
>OSX...

What Lisp implementation are you using? There is at least one
CLISP-specific function that I forgot to comment out. I'd appreciate if
you tell me what errors you're getting by e-mail.

>Do I need to compile the whole lib directory, or just cloak.lisp? Or
>load up the libs (uncompiled) first, then compile cloak.lisp?

You need to load the library before the example could be compiled. The
library must be compiled if you load the example interactively. The
compiled library files also must be in the same directory as the
example.

From: Chris Pickett
Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> So, Lisp Interactive Fiction Project finally has its own website:
> http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/
>
> This has coincided with the new release, which this time has a version
> number: 0.1. You can download it in user-friendly Windows package, or as
> a bare source for Lisp hackers. The changes from sneak peek version are
> minimal, but at least Cloak of Darkness now works as intended.

Is the code for the adventure game that ships with emacs any use?

Chris
From: Timofei Shatrov
On 8 Feb 2006 11:09:20 -0800, "Chris Pickett" <······@gmail.com> tried
to confuse everyone with this message:

>Timofei Shatrov wrote:
>> So, Lisp Interactive Fiction Project finally has its own website:
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/
>>
>> This has coincided with the new release, which this time has a version
>> number: 0.1. You can download it in user-friendly Windows package, or as
>> a bare source for Lisp hackers. The changes from sneak peek version are
>> minimal, but at least Cloak of Darkness now works as intended.
>
>Is the code for the adventure game that ships with emacs any use?

No. It's really ugly.

From: Chris Pickett

From: Chris Pickett