From: roshan
Subject: Good Examples of Lisp Code
I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
code to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository,
common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
specific examples of code a newbie should read.  (non trivial,
good style, etc.)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

From: Robert Strandh
Subject: Re: Good Examples of Lisp Code
"roshan" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository,
> common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
> specific examples of code a newbie should read.  (non trivial,
> good style, etc.)
>
> Any ideas?

I recommend the code by Peter Norvig in "Paradigms of Artificial
Intelligence Programming".   You can download it from Peter's web
site.

--
Robert Strandh
From: Thomas Schilling
roshan wrote:
> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository,
> common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
> specific examples of code a newbie should read.  (non trivial,
> good style, etc.)
>
> Any ideas?

You might take a look at code written by Edi Weitz, it's usually
well-written and well-documented (e.g. CL-PPCRE, see
http://www.weitz.de/). Norvig's code is really well-written, too. (And
you can get a thorough description of what's going on, if you buy the
book, too ;) It's worth it.

- ts
From: Paolo Amoroso
"roshan" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository,
> common-lisp.net, etc., but was hoping someone here could give
> specific examples of code a newbie should read.  (non trivial,
> good style, etc.)

I recommend the Lisa source code:

  http://lisa.sourceforge.net/

This is interesting because, although the problem domain may be
complex for a novice, it's surprising how much you will be able to
understand by reading the code.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: Fernando Rodríguez
Hello roshan,

> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source code
> to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository, common-lisp.net, etc.,
> but was hoping someone here could give specific examples of code a
> newbie should read.  (non trivial, good style, etc.)

Get a copy of PAIP.
From: Ivan Shvedunov
Subject: Peter Norvig's LOOP macro usage
From: Larry Clapp
On 2006-02-01, roshan <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need some suggestions on where to find good examples of source
> code to read.  I know about the CMU AI repository, common-lisp.net,
> etc., but was hoping someone here could give specific examples of
> code a newbie should read.  (non trivial, good style, etc.)

I've enjoyed reading SLIME/Swank.  And I don't even know Emacs Lisp.
:)  http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/.

-- L