From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: Anyone persuaded by "merits of Lisp vs Python"?
Paddy wrote:
> Carl Banks wrote:
> > If you were so keen on avoiding a flame war, the first thing you should
> > have done is to not cross-post this.
>
> I want to cover Pythonistas looking at Lisp and Lispers looking at

That's already covered in the orginal thread. Same two newsgroups, same
crowd of people. What's the difference?

Keep it in the original thread where uninterested people can continue
to ignore it.

> Python because of the thread. The cross posting is not as flame bait.

You're re-starting the same thread under a new root article, thereby
evading kill filters set up on the original thread.

In halfway decent newsreaders, people can killfile by thread, whereby
all articles associated with the same ancestral root article are
removed.

It's very bad practice to re-introduce continuations of long flamebait
threads under different thread identities.