From: Emre Sevinc
Subject: Copying cl-cookbook to wikibook - ideas, feedback, contributions...
For my daily programming tasks Practical Common Lisp and Common Lisp
Cookbook are the most valuable references (after HyperSpec and CLtL2):

 http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/

Even though I have become a member of the cookbook project (courtesy
of Edi Weitz) I found it rather difficult to edit and make additions
to the book (compared to wiki style collaboration).

So, I started to copy valuable information from cl-cookbook to
wikibook:

 http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Common_Lisp

I have finished approx. %60 of cl-cookbook. Nearly first half of it
is ported to wikibook.

I'd like to announce it here so maybe other people will also
contribute to it.

Having easily editable wiki-style collaboration platform and providing
recipe-like code snippets for very frequently used programming tasks
seems to enhance (at least my) experience of Lisp programming.

Interested lispers can check if I have correctly ported, did
not forget some links, etc.

Other types of contribution may be adding new stuff to the wiki,
updating information that is ported from cl-cookbook, adding new
topics to Programming Lisp wikibook, etc.

Regards,

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http://emba.bilgi.edu.tr        http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr