From: Xah Lee
Subject: Dvorak and Emacs's keyboard shortcuts
Once upon a time, there is a guy named Dvorak, who questioned the
popularity of the de facto wisdom of lettering keyboard's letter
arrangement.

Upon dissatisfaction with fashions and status quo (and with healthy
egoism), he took pains to study the letter frequency of men's letters,
and came upon the Dvorak arrangement.

Since then, thousands and tens of thousands of people have taken the
Dvorak arrangement and made better of their lives, despite the morons
in the masses who are ignorant and still enslaved by the
health-damaging and efficiency-thwarting Qwerty of status quo.

In the year of our lord two thousand and six, a fellow named Xah Lee
takes note of the egregious probelms caused by the church of elite
emacsian clique who abide by its incomprehensible history-ridden
problems of its keyboard shortcuts.

Xah instigated a scientific method to determine a proper design for a
default keyboard shortcut set. Nay, to mention science or propriety is
to attach affectation and to solicit alienation. Suffice it to say,
sense should replace insensibility and religious adherence.

But alas, the road to progress is a road fret not with natural
obsticles, but political.

In light of this diarrheic essay, i recommend these further readings:
• How to define emacs keyboard shortcuts:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/keyboard_shortcuts.html
• Frequency of Commands and Keybindings Design:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/command-frequency.el
• Modernization of Emacs: http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization.html

I will, as usual, in the coming months, periodically install essay
snippets addressing the various aspects of ills of the emacs elite
clique. Sometimes, the cure is persistence.

In this letter in particular, i call for making Copy, Paste, Cut, Undo
keyboard shortcuts compliant with the modern standard. Once for all.

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/

From: Ari Johnson
Subject: Re: Dvorak and Emacs's keyboard shortcuts
"Xah Lee" <···@xahlee.org> writes:

> In light of this diarrheic essay, i recommend these further readings:
                   ^^^^^^^^^

Agreed.
From: Rainer Thiel
Dan Espen <······@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:

> The idea that you would be using any application other than
> emacs is heresy.

TeX doesn't count as an application, does it?
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Inst. f. Altertumswiss., Graecistik
From: Dan Espen
Rainer Thiel <·······@nospam.lycos.de> writes:

> Dan Espen <······@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:
>
>> The idea that you would be using any application other than
>> emacs is heresy.
>
> TeX doesn't count as an application, does it?

Hmm, are you seeking a dispensation?
I think combined with AucTex, you should be OK.
From: David Kastrup
Rainer Thiel <·······@nospam.lycos.de> writes:

> Dan Espen <······@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:
>
>> The idea that you would be using any application other than
>> emacs is heresy.
>
> TeX doesn't count as an application, does it?

It is the plugin that does the typesetting for Emacs' preview-latex
WYSIWYG mode.

If Emacs talks with it, who are we to condemn it?

X-Post+Fup2 alt.religion.emacs