From: Jim Newton
Subject: with added methods
Does anyone have experience with a lisp implementation of
with-added-methods?
I'm considering implementing one for my needs for a non-common
lisp, but I want to consider standard implementations if there
are any.

I appreciate anyone's suggestions
best regards
-jim

| Jim E. Newton (·····@cadence.com)            desk +49-(0)89-4563-1918  |
| Methodology Services Europe                   fax +49-(0)89-4563-1819  |
| Cadence Design Systems GmbH                            Munich Germany  |
|           If you won't do it in the rain, you won't do it.             |

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: with added methods
Jim Newton wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with a lisp implementation of
> with-added-methods?
> I'm considering implementing one for my needs for a non-common
> lisp, but I want to consider standard implementations if there
> are any.

I don't think anyone ever implemented it.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Troels Henriksen
Jim Newton <·····@cadence.com> writes:

> Does anyone have experience with a lisp implementation of
> with-added-methods?

You might want to look at this page of the HyperSpec:
http://tinyurl.com/yxcxnx

> I'm considering implementing one for my needs for a non-common
> lisp

I have only wished for it once, but then I realised that the code
could be written in a more elegant way. I assume that
`with-added-methods' is not actually a good idea, but on the other
hand, it shouldn't be too hard to implement on top of an existing CLOS
implementation.

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen