From: Alex Mizrahi
Subject: serialization
Hello, All!

is there some trivial serialization library, that is capable serializing
strings, integers and hash-tables?

i've tried CL-STORE, but i'm doing it on ABCL, which is not supported.
CL-STORE was able to store my hash-table, but it's not able to restore it --
barfs somewhere on CLOS call, i think CLOS is somewhat broken in ABCL.

so i'm searching for some very lightweight 'library' (or just bunch of
functions) that doesn't use CLOS very much.

With best regards, Alex Mizrahi.

From: sross
Subject: Re: serialization
Alex Mizrahi wrote:

> i've tried CL-STORE, but i'm doing it on ABCL, which is not supported.
> CL-STORE was able to store my hash-table, but it's not able to restore it --
> barfs somewhere on CLOS call, i think CLOS is somewhat broken in ABCL.

Hi,
 I've just committed preliminary support for ABCL (tested against
 0.0.9) to the cl-store cvs repo.
 It won't pass all the tests and will not be able to store instances of
 CLOS classes but hash-tables, strings and integers should be fine.

 If you get any errors please send a message the the cl-store-devel
 mailing list.

Cheers,
 Sean.
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal

http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-json/ maybe

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello 'Lars)
(you :wrote  :on '(Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:41:24 +0100))
(

 ??>> is there some trivial serialization library, that is capable
 ??>> serializing strings, integers and hash-tables? i've tried CL-STORE,
 ??>> but i'm doing it on ABCL, which is not supported. CL-STORE was able to
 ??>> store my hash-table, but it's not able to restore it --  barfs
 ??>> somewhere on CLOS call, i think CLOS is somewhat broken in ABCL. so
 ??>> i'm searching for some very lightweight 'library' (or just bunch of
 ??>> functions) that doesn't use CLOS very much. With best regards, Alex
 ??>> Mizrahi.

 LRN> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-json/ maybe

it's a 'lossy' format -- it made symbols from my hash-table keys-strings,
and upcased them, and made alist..

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")