From: Trastabuga
Subject: Using ImageMagick or similar tools from Lisp?
Hi

I am trying to make a web based service that need to modify images.
Looks like ImageMagick is the right tool for it. It even has a Lisp
binding to its API but the binding looks abandoned (also it has
hardcoded paths for the linux shared libraries, no examples also). I
need to try it first on Windows/CLisp, would be great to have some
examples to start.
Did anyone have an experience with ImageMagic using Lisp bindings?
Other option is to use it as a command line tool from the lisp process,
is it a viable option?

Thank you,
Andrei

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Using ImageMagick or similar tools from Lisp?
Trastabuga wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to make a web based service that need to modify images.
> Looks like ImageMagick is the right tool for it.

IM rocks. I and a co-developer independently had problems we could not
sort out, for the heck of it tried its clone GraphicsMagick and we are
back in business. Same API.

> It even has a Lisp
> binding to its API but the binding looks abandoned (also it has
> hardcoded paths for the linux shared libraries, no examples also).

My Cello project on common-lisp.net has IM/GM bindings, but to be honest
I have a lot of them commented out and bring them in only as I need
them. You might have to roll your sleaves up a little bit here and
there, but I would help.

> need to try it first on Windows/CLisp, would be great to have some
> examples to start.

Under the Cello project is a cl-magick subdirectory from which you could
borrow code, but it is more than you need since I am also using
OpenGL... i do not think you need examples, IM/GM is a great, easy to
use library, especially now with the "wand" API.

> Did anyone have an experience with ImageMagic using Lisp bindings?

Yes. :)

> Other option is to use it as a command line tool from the lisp process,
> is it a viable option?

Yes.

hth,ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd

From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
http://www.cliki.net/graphics%20library

·····························@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com...