From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Creator of Logo not well
Now this is /really/ sad news:

http://www.informationweek.com/industries/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196602670

kt

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd

From: David
Subject: Re: Creator of Logo not well
Oh dear. That /is/ sad. I remember using Logo in a year 1 or 2 maths
class at secondary school (in Welsh even! -- ailwna 4 [mlaen 100 chwith
90] -- to draw a square).

I do hope he recovers, although it doesn't sound good from that
article.
From: Ken Tilton
David wrote:
> Oh dear. That /is/ sad. I remember using Logo in a year 1 or 2 maths
> class at secondary school (in Welsh even! -- ailwna 4 [mlaen 100 chwith
> 90] -- to draw a square).

It was my first Lisp, and I even prototyped the software I am about to
release with it.

> I do hope he recovers, although it doesn't sound good from that
> article.

It was confusing. very pessimistic but "improving". Improving good.

kt

From: Luke J Crook
Wow, he was born in South Africa. Seems his Wikipedia entry has the
latest updates on his condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Papert