From: Ken Tilton
Subject: OT: RapidWeaver vs OpenLazslo?
I like the point-and-click of rapidWeaver, but being a programmer I am
wondering if I should not put up the domain with no name (thx, people)
using OpenLazslo. And it's declarative! Woo-hoo!

Questions? Comments?

:)

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: OT: RapidWeaver vs OpenLazslo?
Ken Tilton wrote:
> I like the point-and-click of rapidWeaver, but being a programmer I am
> wondering if I should not put up the domain with no name (thx, people)
> using OpenLazslo. And it's declarative! Woo-hoo!
>
> Questions? Comments?

Uh-oh:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=OpenLaszlo&word2=RapidWeaver

OK, OpenLaszlo it is.

:)

ken

From: Ken Tilton
Ken Tilton wrote:

> Ken Tilton wrote:
>
>> I like the point-and-click of rapidWeaver, but being a programmer I am
>> wondering if I should not put up the domain with no name (thx, people)
>> using OpenLazslo. And it's declarative! Woo-hoo!
>>
>> Questions? Comments?
>

> Uh-oh:
>
> http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=OpenLaszlo&word2=RapidWeaver
>

> OK, OpenLaszlo it is.

Oh, wait, not fair, RapidWeaver is Mac-only, nice showing considering.
But I might also need work to finance the start-up, in which case the
absolute numbers matter.

hmmm....

kt

From: Zach Beane
Ken Tilton <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I like the point-and-click of rapidWeaver, but being a programmer I am
> wondering if I should not put up the domain with no name (thx, people)
> using OpenLazslo. And it's declarative! Woo-hoo!
>
> Questions? Comments?

P. Tucker Withington, an old-school Harlequin and Symbolics hacker,
works on OpenLaszlo.

His website, http://pt.withy.org/ , has some nice historical papers.

Zach
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:31:56 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:

> I like the point-and-click of rapidWeaver, but being a programmer I am
> wondering if I should not put up the domain with no name (thx, people)
> using OpenLazslo. And it's declarative! Woo-hoo!
>
> Questions? Comments?

Forget all that; use FreeNX / NoMachine instead when you need interfaces
above simple or medium complexity. You'll be in control of the client-side
once again - no more loss of hair as something breaks in
IE/Opera/FF/Safari/etc.. (this seems to always happen; everything is just
to brittle ...)

Your applications can run as free-floating application-windows; very
transparent. Since it uses SSH it's easy to customize security.

It has impressive speed and is easy to install and use; Web3.0 ftw? :)

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/