From: Giles
Subject: emacs isearch-forward-regexp default argument
Help.  I'm using emacs to edit Delphi code.  You may say I'm beyond
help but it's what I get paid for and emacs eases the pain.  I'd like
to be able to put something in my .emacs, a defun or some such that I
can bind to a key, to perform an isearch-forward-regexp with the
following default regexp string: \(proc.*\|func.*\) for jumping to
function definitions quickly.  I still need to be in isearch-mode once
I've pressed the key so I can add the function name I'm looking for.  I
could save an emacs keyboard macro to paste that string into the search
buffer but that seems kind of kludgy.

From: John Thingstad
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:37:07 +0100, Giles
<······················@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> Help.  I'm using emacs to edit Delphi code.  You may say I'm beyond
> help but it's what I get paid for and emacs eases the pain.  I'd like
> to be able to put something in my .emacs, a defun or some such that I
> can bind to a key, to perform an isearch-forward-regexp with the
> following default regexp string: \(proc.*\|func.*\) for jumping to
> function definitions quickly.  I still need to be in isearch-mode once
> I've pressed the key so I can add the function name I'm looking for.  I
> could save an emacs keyboard macro to paste that string into the search
> buffer but that seems kind of kludgy.

belongs in comp.emacs

From: Giles
Sorry.  Posted there now.