From: angel_killah
Subject: Possibility on common lisp?
Hello I have a small problem in lisp. In made I am in first year of data
processing with the FAC and one teaches us the lisp in first half of the
year. One can choose the project which one wants, and I acknowledge that I
am not yet sure of what I will do (not too much idea), moreover if you
have ideas of projects to advise me do not hesitate. In short, I had in
the idea to make Tamagotchi. But I am vis-a-vis constraints, most obvious,
it is that when the firm user and reouvre his file lisp, one does not go
reinitialiser all the variables to zero, but to find themselves with part
of the program and to use variables which were stored for example on the
hard disk. Is this possible? There so yes have bonds towards precise
documentation on this subject? I would like to also know if one can be
useful oneself for example of the hour system in my script lisp? For
example that would be useful to me for the tamagotchi, kind during the
creation of the tamagotchi, to store the date and the hour system where
creation was made, and statement that Ben 24h after this date, the
tamagotchi has one day moreover, and a recursive call which will make that
all the 24h the tamagotchi will have one day of + (it is like that that I
intend to manage the variable age of the tamagotchi). But is what at least
it is realizable? I did not find any Doc. on this subject, in progress one
limited myself to one, data base hung and translator French-Morse, and me
I would like to go further. Thank you in advance of your answers

Sorry for my english, i use an online traductor.

From: Alex Mizrahi
Subject: Re: Possibility on common lisp?
(message (Hello 'angel_killah)
(you :wrote  :on '(Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:57:30 +0100))
(

 ak> to zero, but to find themselves with part of the program and to use
 ak> variables which were stored for example on the hard disk. Is this
 ak> possible?

ye, write them to file, either at the end, or periodically.
finding how to work with files in Common Lisp should be a trivial task.
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/mac_with-open-file.html

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky
angel_killah wrote:

> One can choose the project which one wants, and I acknowledge that I
> am not yet sure of what I will do (not too much idea), moreover if you
> have ideas of projects to advise me do not hesitate.

Maybe creating lisp interface to one of widely used
scientific data formats, like HDF5 or NetCDF.
http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

Good luck, Dmitry
From: John Thingstad
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:57:30 +0100, angel_killah <··············@yahoo.fr>
wrote:

> Hello I have a small problem in lisp. In made I am in first year of data
> processing with the FAC and one teaches us the lisp in first half of the
> year. One can choose the project which one wants, and I acknowledge that
> am not yet sure of what I will do (not too much idea), moreover if you
> have ideas of projects to advise me do not hesitate. In short, I had in
> the idea to make Tamagotchi. But I am vis-a-vis constraints, most
> obvious,
> it is that when the firm user and reouvre his file lisp, one does not go
> reinitialiser all the variables to zero, but to find themselves with part
> of the program and to use variables which were stored for example on the
> hard disk. Is this possible? There so yes have bonds towards precise
> documentation on this subject? I would like to also know if one can be
> useful oneself for example of the hour system in my script lisp? For
> example that would be useful to me for the tamagotchi, kind during the
> creation of the tamagotchi, to store the date and the hour system where
> creation was made, and statement that Ben 24h after this date, the
> tamagotchi has one day moreover, and a recursive call which will make
> that
> all the 24h the tamagotchi will have one day of + (it is like that that I
> intend to manage the variable age of the tamagotchi). But is what at
> least
> it is realizable? I did not find any Doc. on this subject, in progress
> one
> limited myself to one, data base hung and translator French-Morse, and me
> I would like to go further. Thank you in advance of your answers
>
> Sorry for my english, i use an online traductor.

If you are willing to move to CLOS, Allegro Cache can store the values
for you with little extra work.

(try translator rather than traductor)

From: Pascal Bourguignon
angel_killah <··············@yahoo.fr> writes:
> Sorry for my english, i use an online traductor.

There's news:fr.comp.lang.lisp

THIS IS A 100% MATTER PRODUCT: In the unlikely event that this
merchandise should contact antimatter in any form, a catastrophic
explosion will result.