From: jmckitrick
Subject: Guidelines on declarations for speed?
Is there a general guide on how to fix all the little nits that pop up
when you put

(declare (optimize speed))

in your code?

I'd like to read up on how to correctly fix/declare/spec my code so the
compiler can do its job.

From: ·············@specastro.com
Subject: Re: Guidelines on declarations for speed?
jmckitrick wrote:
> Is there a general guide on how to fix all the little nits that pop up
> when you put
>
> (declare (optimize speed))
>
> in your code?

Read this post and its surrounding thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/f18c4d2add6ea9eb?hl=en&

It contains pointers to some papers you should read.

Glenn
From: jurgen_defurne
·············@specastro.com wrote:
> jmckitrick wrote:
> > Is there a general guide on how to fix all the little nits that pop up
> > when you put
> >
> > (declare (optimize speed))
> >
> > in your code?
>
> Read this post and its surrounding thread:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/f18c4d2add6ea9eb?hl=en&
>
> It contains pointers to some papers you should read.
>
> Glenn

Very interesting. I was about to post questions in the same area, but
they are solved by the article about the fannkuch algorithm. I deal
mostly with integer stuff, not floating points.

Regards,

Jurgen