From: Flo__
Subject: network-programming in cl
Hi !

i didn't want to hijack somebody else's thread for my *perhaps* silly
question, but i'm trying to figure out network programming in cl and
can't find any good tutorial about this. it should use any of the linux
cl-implementations (cmucl, sbcl, clisp...).
thanks alot !

From: Nicola Mingotti
Subject: Re: network-programming in cl
Flo__ wrote:
> Hi !
>
> i didn't want to hijack somebody else's thread for my *perhaps* silly
> question, but i'm trying to figure out network programming in cl and
> can't find any good tutorial about this. it should use any of the linux
> cl-implementations (cmucl, sbcl, clisp...).
> thanks alot !

If you want to try ACL8.0 Express look at this
page.
http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/8.0/doc/socket.htm
Examples near end page.
From: Paolo Amoroso
"Flo__" <··············@gmx.de> writes:

> question, but i'm trying to figure out network programming in cl and
> can't find any good tutorial about this. it should use any of the linux

You may start here:

  Sockets
  http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/sockets.html

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: Flo__
Paolo Amoroso schrieb:

> "Flo__" <··············@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > question, but i'm trying to figure out network programming in cl and
> > can't find any good tutorial about this. it should use any of the linux
>
> You may start here:
>
>   Sockets
>   http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/sockets.html
>

> Paolo
> --
> Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
> The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net

well, i've already looked at this but couldn't figure out how to
install the library "PORT"...
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:58:08 -0700, Flo__ wrote:

> Hi !
>
> i didn't want to hijack somebody else's thread for my *perhaps* silly
> question, but i'm trying to figure out network programming in cl and
> can't find any good tutorial about this. it should use any of the linux
> cl-implementations (cmucl, sbcl, clisp...).
> thanks alot !

"beej" @ google (yes, in C) combined with the SBCL manual[1] works.

Also check out `serve-event' which exists both in CMUCL and SBCL.

[1]: http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Networking.html
[2]: http://common-lisp.net/project/cmucl/doc/cmu-user/serve-event.html

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal