From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: Building Clisp Error (Include path)
I installed postgresql and I am getting the following error when I
build clisp:

checking for postgres_ext.h presence... no
configure: error: cannot find PostgreSQL headers
make: *** [postgresql] Error 1

I found the header in the /usr/local/pgsql/include/ path. How do I
include this path in the build?

Thanks,

Mike

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: Building Clisp Error (Include path)
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:50:09 -0700, ·············@gmail.com wrote:

> I installed postgresql and I am getting the following error when I
> build clisp:
>
> checking for postgres_ext.h presence... no
> configure: error: cannot find PostgreSQL headers
> make: *** [postgresql] Error 1
>

> I found the header in the /usr/local/pgsql/include/ path. How do I
> include this path in the build?

 ····@mhflaptop01:~/Desktop/clisp-2.39$ ./configure --help 2>&1 | less

 If you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
   set CPPFLAGS to "-I<include dir>"
 If you have libraries in a nonstandard directory <lib dir>
   set LDFLAGS to "-L<lib dir>"

So a simple

 $  CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/local/pgsql/include/" \
    LDFLAGS="-L /usr/loal/pgslq/lib/" ./configure --prefix="/usr/local"

should help.

 HTH Ralf Mattes

From: ·············@gmail.com
OK -- I think you got me 99% of the way there. I am excited.  I am now
getting the following error when lisp tries to load libpq.so.4

full/lisp.run error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.4: cannot
make: *** [full] Error 1

I am assuming that lisp also has a path variable that I need to set.

Thanks again, and again,

Mike

From: ·············@gmail.com
OK, I got past the problem by creating a symbolic link to usr/lib. So
it looks like my system builds with both fastcgi and postgresql.
However, I went to run it by type the following and this is what I get.

clisp -B . -M base/lispinit.mem -norc -q -i fastcgi/fastcgi

clisp launches and gives me

FFI::LOOKUP-FOREIGN-FUNCTION: A foreign function "fcgi_getenv" does not
exist.

It will give me the same errors for the rest of the functions

Any suggestions?

Mike

From: sds
·············@gmail.com wrote:
> However, I went to run it by type the following and this is what I get.
>
> clisp -B . -M base/lispinit.mem -norc -q -i fastcgi/fastcgi
>
> clisp launches and gives me
>
> FFI::LOOKUP-FOREIGN-FUNCTION: A foreign function "fcgi_getenv" does not
> exist.

that's because you are using the wrong command line.

see the FAQ:
http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/faq.html#faq-modules
please explore the links out of the short reply there.

Sam.
From: Ralf Mattes
Ok, first of all -- to battle top-posting -- i'll continue further down
the message ....

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:19:12 -0700, ·············@gmail.com wrote:

> OK, I got past the problem by creating a symbolic link to usr/lib.

This is exactly the one solution you should probably _not_ use :-)
You haven't mentioned the platform  your CLISP is running on so i
assume Linux (b< circumstances). When you add custom libraries to the
system you need to tell the dynamic loader (most likely it's
 /lib/ld-linux.so.2) about it. The two "standard" ways to do this:

 1) add the directory where your put the library to the linkers
    search path by editing the linker's configuration file
    (etc/so.conf) and run /sbin/ldconfig afterwards. You need to have
    administrative  rights to do this since ldconfig will attempt to
    update the cache file. Read the manpages for ldconfig and
    ld.so.

 2) Dynamically extend the library path like this:

     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib clisp

> So
> it looks like my system builds with both fastcgi and postgresql.
> However, I went to run it by type the following and this is what I get.
>
> clisp -B . -M base/lispinit.mem -norc -q -i fastcgi/fastcgi
>
> clisp launches and gives me
>
> FFI::LOOKUP-FOREIGN-FUNCTION: A foreign function "fcgi_getenv" does not
> exist.
>
> It will give me the same errors for the rest of the functions
>
> Any suggestions?

Not really, i'm pretty much a CLISP-Non-user. BTW, you might want to ask
these questions on the CLISP newsgroup.

 HTH RalfD

From: Pascal Bourguignon
··············@gmail.com" <·············@gmail.com> writes:

> OK, I got past the problem by creating a symbolic link to usr/lib. So
> it looks like my system builds with both fastcgi and postgresql.
> However, I went to run it by type the following and this is what I get.
>
> clisp -B . -M base/lispinit.mem -norc -q -i fastcgi/fastcgi
>
> clisp launches and gives me
>
> FFI::LOOKUP-FOREIGN-FUNCTION: A foreign function "fcgi_getenv" does not
> exist.
>
> It will give me the same errors for the rest of the functions
>
> Any suggestions?

IIRC, the open shared libraries  are not re-opened when you relaunch
the saved image.   You must re-open them from the init-function of the
saved image (re-running the ffi:def-call-out and ffi:def-call-in).

WARNING: This product attracts every other piece of matter in the
universe, including the products of other manufacturers, with a
force proportional to the product of the masses and inversely
proportional to the distance between them.