From: David Steuber
Subject: Re: Remote debugging
"Lars Rune Nøstdal" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> Ken Tilton wrote:
> > Lars Rune Nøstdal wrote:
> >
> > I think you forgot about the bit in which you first get to a Lisp prompt
> > on a satellite a kabillion miles away.
>
> Right:
>
> ssh ····@space-station.org
> ..
> ····@space-station.org:-$ screen -r
>
> Or stuff like Swank (in Slime) or detachtty would also work. Now the
> really hard part I've not managed to solve is building a satelilite and
> launching it. ... :)

I find the latency in ssh sessions to my web server bad enough without
the added ~20 minute delay for a round trip to a space vehicle 100M
miles distant.

Of course NASA didn't have to go through all that.  They just fixed
the bug in their test system on the ground and beemed it into space.
Then they crossed their fingers and held their breath.

--
The lithobraker.  Zero distance stops at any speed.
This post uses 100% post consumer electrons and 100% virgin photons.

At 2.6 miles per minute, you don't really have time to get bored.
   --- Pete Roehling on rec.motorcycles