From: Lei Tang
Subject: Problem with slime + clisp?
I have just configured slime with xemacs associated with Clisp. It works
fine when I switch to  "slime mode" if I type M-x slime. However, after
I close xemacs, there's always coming up with a process "lisp.exe" which
exhaust all the cpu resources and never ends. I have to kill it  manually.

My OS is windows xp. I installed Xemacs 21.4.19 and CLISP 2.39; the
slime package is the latest cvs version.

The following is the init file I used:

;============= SLIME Setup ====================================
   (add-to-list 'load-path "D:/XEmacs/slime")  ; your SLIME directory
   (setq inferior-lisp-program "D:/Clisp/clisp-2.39/clisp.exe -I") ;
   (require 'slime)
   (slime-setup)

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your help!
-Lei

From: Timofei Shatrov
Subject: Re: Problem with slime + clisp?
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:09:12 -0700, Lei Tang <······@asu.edu> tried to
confuse everyone with this message:

>I have just configured slime with xemacs associated with Clisp. It works
>fine when I switch to  "slime mode" if I type M-x slime. However, after
>I close xemacs, there's always coming up with a process "lisp.exe" which
>exhaust all the cpu resources and never ends. I have to kill it  manually.

>Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your help!
>-Lei

Do you quit with a simple C-x C-c? You should end Lisp process before
exiting, for example using M-x slime-quit-lisp, or by typing ,quit at
the REPL.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Lei Tang
Yeah, after using M-x slime-quit-lisp, it works fine.

Thanks a lot!
-Lei