From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: Quality of gtk bindings?
Well I'm quite aware that there to exist quit a few bindings. I wonder
about the quality differences between them. Has anyone tried the
different ones and would not mind to share his/her findings?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Quality of gtk bindings?
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Well I'm quite aware that there to exist quit a few bindings. I wonder
> about the quality differences between them. Has anyone tried the
> different ones and would not mind to share his/her findings?

I do not use Cells-Gtk, but I subscribe to the list and see occasional
patches, so it is active anyway. Plus you get Cells*, which are great
generally but really stand out for GUIs.

I am not familiar with the other binding sets.

kt

* Cells-GTk has not yet been ported to the latest/greatest Cells-3, and
it should be, but it  could get interesting so I can understand the
reticence.

From: Pedro Kröger
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Well I'm quite aware that there to exist quit a few bindings. I wonder
> about the quality differences between them. Has anyone tried the
> different ones and would not mind to share his/her findings?

clg is a great binding for gtk2:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clg/

it's very lispy and the main developer is very helpful. It needs more
documentation, but it also needs more users, so it'll have more people
to work on it.

Pedro Kröger