From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Lisp-NYC August Jam: How Michael Naunton Spent His Summer (with Barry Wilkes as Honored Visitor)
From: http://www.tnl.net/when/8/8

August 8th in History
------------------------------
1786: Mt Blanc, the tallest mountain in Europe, climbed for the first time
1940: Battle of Britain
1960: Militray coup  in Laos
1963: The Great Train Robbery, in which 2.5 million pounds are stolen
1974: Richard Nixon resigns as US President, the first to do so
1981: US announce plans to produce the neutron bomb
1983: Militray coup in Guatemala
2006: Michael Naunton describes his work

Hmmm. Anyway, this is a preliminary announcement because I am hoping to
find a better venue (ie, watch this space for exact location) but....

Where: Upper West Side of Manhattan (more deets soon)
When: Tuesday, 7PM, August 8th, 2006
Who: Michael "Dog Days" Naunton, presenter
          Barry Wilkes, honored visitor
          The Usual Lisp-NYK Crowd
Why: Dinner, Drinks, and Talk

What? It ain't Lisp, but it is....Cells! Kinda. Spaketh Michael:

"I'd be happy to present an overview of the code I'm working on...
   It's got a Cells-like dependency engine
   It's written in Python (that's almost a Lisp)
   It's got possible worlds and time travel.
   It's got a big budget :)
   Handouts would be provided."

Michael is a grand story-teller and we'll be drinking and eating at the
same time and I will be heckling so this should be a riot.

RSVP ASAP (as in now) which is why I am making a preliminary
announcement: I might book us into a roomier place that will want a head
count. We will have a hard start at 7PM (you know, 7:15PM) so it's no
good just wandering in at 8 or 9 or 10 like most of you yobbos do. Even
if we end up at the usual Westside Brewery we should get a firm head count.

If we do end up some place restrictive, we will also designate bar #2
where stragglers can catch up with us for the rest of the crawl.

OK, please email me directly with head count if you want in. Location
will be fixed over the next few days.

thx, ken