From: ················@gmail.com
Subject: LispBox as primary Emacs setup
Awhile back I attempted to get SLIME and SBCL running with Aquamacs on
my PowerBook and had some trouble -- no longer remember exactly what --
so I punted and got LispBox, which works beautifully. (Thanks Peter!)
I'm wondering if it's practical to install additional modes and so
forth under the LispBox Emacs directory and use LispBox as my primary
Emacs. Is there a good reason not to do this? Will some things not work
this way? Pointers much appreciated!

Best,
Jason
From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Re: LispBox as primary Emacs setup
················@gmail.com writes:

> Awhile back I attempted to get SLIME and SBCL running with Aquamacs on
> my PowerBook and had some trouble -- no longer remember exactly what --
> so I punted and got LispBox, which works beautifully. (Thanks Peter!)
> I'm wondering if it's practical to install additional modes and so
> forth under the LispBox Emacs directory and use LispBox as my primary
> Emacs. Is there a good reason not to do this? Will some things not work
> this way? Pointers much appreciated!

At the moment it's only moderately reasonable; Lispbox wasn't really
designed for that kind of use. But I'm thinking of ways to support
that mode better and/or the use of Lispbox with an existing Emacs
installation. So stay tuned. In the meantime, you can muck around with
stuff under the Lispbox directory however you want and it'll probably
work fine. Note, however, that I do start up Emacs with the flags that
cause it to not load your ~/.emacs.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * ·····@gigamonkeys.com