From: Jeffery Zhang
Subject: Unicode support
I'm using Clisp. While reading from a file, I got a character #\u2019
cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO=-8859-1
[Condition of type EXT:SIMPLE-CHARSET-TYPE-ERROR] message. Does Clisp
have an unicode mode or am I stuck?

-jeff

From: HB
Subject: Re: Unicode support
You mean something like (open "xyz" :external-format charset:utf-8) ?

Greetings HB

From: Jeffery Zhang
Does the with-open-file macro pass on keyword parameters?

From: HB
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 05:14:28 -0400, Jeffery Zhang <ยทยทยทยท@cornell.edu>
tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>I'm using Clisp. While reading from a file, I got a character #\u2019
>cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO=-8859-1
>[Condition of type EXT:SIMPLE-CHARSET-TYPE-ERROR] message. Does Clisp
>have an unicode mode or am I stuck?

Are you using SLIME by any chance? I had an application that would
produce error at the sight of Russian text when executed in SLIME, yet
it worked with stand-alone CLISP. I hacked SLIME into using utf-8 and
the problem disappeared.

--
|(except for ending slavery,  ||mail: grue at mail.ru ================ |
|   fascism and communism)    ||============= http://grue3.tripod.com  |